Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Space city egg fest

How many are going ?  Will anybody be cooking at this event ?
It is going to be in old town spring, Texas.

Mr Sailfish

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited May 2017
    We will be driving up early Saturday morning to cook.
    Many of the regular Texas Eggheads will be cooking.
    Bring your rain coat.

http://spacecityeggfest.com/cooks-registration/#registeredeggheads

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Carlyn2828
    Carlyn2828 Posts: 42
    Mike Chance will be there representing Innovations By Chance and Smokeware.  You all have fun!!
    Jacksonville, Florida - Large BGE & Large Yellow Lab...Just the three of us!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Photo Egg said:
    Bring your rain coat.

I heard about the rain forecast as I was driving to work today. Hope it stays dry during the day.

Attendance is apparently expected to be 1000-1200 per the Ace folks.

And yes, TeamNFA (@20stone, @20stonespice, @pigfisher, + others) will be reppin' hard on home turf!!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    We won't be there this year.  Other half still not up to 100%.  Next year.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Photo Egg
    If this Fest turns into a soggy, mushy Rain Fest it's just Spring Texas protesting against the Chicken's for "moving on"...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Yes we will be cooking! But faraway from @caliking , that is a rowdy bunch!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    caliking said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Bring your rain coat.

I heard about the rain forecast as I was driving to work today. Hope it stays dry during the day.

Attendance is apparently expected to be 1000-1200 per the Ace folks.

And yes, TeamNFA (@20stone, @20stonespice, @pigfisher, + others) will be reppin' hard on home turf!!

We are prepping some tonnage, so I hope the weather cooperates.  Of course, @20stonespice is getting Jonesed*, as I have to do a quick out of town trip tonight/tomorrow, so she gets to do all the prep (and you know what we like to cook, so there is a TON of prep).

We are looking forward to seeing everyone, and eating some great grub.

* "Jonesed" - Getting suckered into an escalating commitment to something that is fun, crazy or delicious (normally all three, but turns into an a$$whip/$hit$how 
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • caliking
    20stone said:
    We are prepping some tonnage, so I hope the weather cooperates.  Of course, @20stonespice is getting Jonesed*, as I have to do a quick out of town trip tonight/tomorrow, so she gets to do all the prep (and you know what we like to cook, so there is a TON of prep).

We are looking forward to seeing everyone, and eating some great grub.

* "Jonesed" - Getting suckered into an escalating commitment to something that is fun, crazy or delicious (normally all three, but turns into an a$$whip/$hit$how 

Ya don't say. How did I already know what that meant?

• We will be there
    XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)
  • Are the vendors set up to take credit cards ?
  • Photo Egg
    Are the vendors set up to take credit cards ?
    In the past, yes, most of them.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    @Hotch is wise.  To optimize your time at any fest that is attended by @caliking and @20stone, it is best to identify their location early and then steer wide of that space.  Then as the fest is wrapping up drop by to see what kind of convoluted cockamamie cook they did and get a taste.  It will be great, but don't tell them that.  Instead, because you are so full from eating all the food that was available at some reasonable time, just give them the feeling that you are eating it out of pity for them.  Don't worry about their egos.  They're used to this as it happens at every fest they attend.  

If you do feel compelled to utter a kind word, pull @20stonespice aside and give her the compliment she deserves for doing all the work.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    The bride (Ella) and myself just dropped our equipment at our tent at 2 PM. We will take a break and be back by 6 PM for the pre-party! See y'all there!
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Us Chickens will be there with tubs of Magnum Loads. Sure hope Ashish and John are cooking that curry chicken tomorrow. That is so gooooddddd
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • caliking
    Foghorn said:
    @Hotch is wise.  To optimize your time at any fest that is attended by @caliking and @20stone, it is best to identify their location early and then steer wide of that space.  Then as the fest is wrapping up drop by to see what kind of convoluted cockamamie cook they did and get a taste.  It will be great, but don't tell them that.  Instead, because you are so full from eating all the food that was available at some reasonable time, just give them the feeling that you are eating it out of pity for them.  Don't worry about their egos.  They're used to this as it happens at every fest they attend.  

If you do feel compelled to utter a kind word, pull @20stonespice aside and give her the compliment she deserves for doing all the work.  
    Cockamamie... Kind of.
     Convoluted... Usually.
     Delicious... Of course.
    Served in time... Maybe be. 

This time we're ORGANIZED. I know. I say that every time. We're slinging all new items, so save some space :)

• caliking
    @Austin Egghead y'all will be missed for sure. You guys are a fixture at the TX eggfests!

• caliking
    Hotch said:
    Yes we will be cooking! But faraway from @caliking , that is a rowdy bunch!
    I guess I'm going to stay hungry this time...

• 20stone
    Foghorn said:
    @Foghorn is pretty on the nose here, sepecially this year.  Wed, work intervened, and I  found I had to travel for work Thu PM to Fri night.  @20stonespice and I went through the recipes (which she had picked), scaled them up (by 15x), and banged out shop and prep lists. She won a price just for the shopping.  It turns out you need to roam the planet (even in Houston) to find industrial quantiites of lemongrass, and that's before she and @pigfisher chopped a GALLON of shallots. 

Fast forward to tonight, and after three hours on the plane on the ground the crew times out and my flight cancels. "Fortunately", I was able to wrangle a seat on the 5:45 AM ET flight tomorrow, and make the fest, but only after @20stonespice  @pigfisher  and @caliking pick up more of the prep slack. 

Tomorrow, I may end up with a cleaver in my forehead when I bitc& about being sleep deprived after I roll to the site just in time to plate fantastic food that I had no part in putting together.  I will have deserved it. 
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove

Austin, TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited May 2017
    20stone said:
    Foghorn said:
    @Foghorn is pretty on the nose here, sepecially this year.  Wed, work intervened, and I  found I had to travel for work Thu PM to Fri night.  @20stonespice and I went through the recipes (which she had picked), scaled them up (by 15x), and banged out shop and prep lists. She won a price just for the shopping.  It turns out you need to roam the planet (even in Houston) to find industrial quantiites of lemongrass, and that's before she and @pigfisher chopped a GALLON of shallots. 

Fast forward to tonight, and after three hours on the plane on the ground the crew times out and my flight cancels. "Fortunately", I was able to wrangle a seat on the 5:45 AM ET flight tomorrow, and make the fest, but only after @20stonespice  @pigfisher  and @caliking pick up more of the prep slack. 

Tomorrow, I may end up with a cleaver in my forehead when I bitc& about being sleep deprived after I roll to the site just in time to plate fantastic food that I had no part in putting together.  I will have deserved it. 
    Sounds like they got Jones'd :lol:
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Photo Egg
    20stone said:
    Foghorn said:

You and your group are troopers...and never dissapoint the crowds you feed.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Us Chickens will be there with tubs of Magnum Loads. Sure hope Ashish and John are cooking that curry chicken tomorrow. That is so gooooddddd
    I'm prepping you some lamb pops right now.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    Photo Egg said:
    I'm prepping you some lamb pops right now.
    I may pretend to be Judy... Just to get a lamb pop.

• caliking
    Something close, but you should like it if you liked the Indonesian chicken curry that time. 

And save me a couple of magnum loads please. With the spicy mustard.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Whether you attendees realize it or not this Eggfest will be the last one the Spring Chickens intend to EVER cook at! Besides that they are moving from Spring, TX and are going into their second stage of retirement. Call it fading quietly into the past or whatever you want, but my suggestion is you attendees give Judy a big hug and kiss and Leroy a fist bump as they are fading out of Eggfestdom! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • 20stone
    There will be chix, but a different recipe.  I hope you like it as much (though the curry may be tough to beat). Looking forward to seeing you and Leroy tomorrow
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove

Austin, TX
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Those magnum loads are amazing!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Guys have ball. Everyone please give Judy and Mr Chicken a hug for me. They will be missed. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.