Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

going for a superbowl trifecta

Options
char buddy
char buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is my BGE's first superbowl party and I have decided to pull out all the stops. I'm doing a pulled pork s'wiches from a big butt for half-time
and I'm having ribs and wings for first half appetizers. [p]I may grill pineapple quarters for the second half, or I may just go to sleep after all that food from the first half. I am southern born, so friends are bringing greens
and macaroni and cheese. [p]I may not be visiting the forum for a few days after this weekend. In fact I may not be doing much of anything for a few days after this weekend.

Comments

• NoleGirl
    Options
    char buddy ,
    Sounds great!! I won't even have to cook!!! I think that the Ravens are going to take it....I really don't care, but that's where the money is.......Ravens by 2 and 1/2. Lias

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    char buddy ,[p]Sounds terrific! I've been swamped the past two weeks as school as started again and I've been working WAY too many hours at work (I'm just wrapping up tonight (this morning???) at about 12:30am). As such, I've had very little time to prepare. I'm thinking of spending some of Saturday morning thinking about what to cook then Saturday evening doing some prep. Sunday, it will be football, beer, and some tasty combo of BGE'd treats. I'm definitely trying to work a little harder this week so I can reserve Sunday for football and Monday for hangover....[p]Cornfed
  • GWW
    GWW Posts: 43
    Options
    char buddy ,
    No pressure...hope you get to watch the game! I get to go over and let someone else host the party, but think I wont walk in empty handed...(well besides beer!) ..Wings sound really good. I looked on the receipe page and was wondering about the cook, direct, indirect?...only 45 min at 250 sounds low...so who has earned their wings out there!? bah..[p]I hate Baltimore...but hate the Giants more! go birds!
    Greg

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    I'm doing a brisket and two butts. That's the most I've cooked on the Egg in quite a while.