Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerky w/ Pics

Options
ChrisC
ChrisC Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just received my new Jerky rack from Thirdeye (Thanks again) on Saturday so I had to give it a try - also trying to post multiple pictures for the first time so bear with me...[p]Marinaided the beef overnight in a recipe I found here on the forum w/ a coupe of minor modifications then onto the BGE indirect @180-190 for 5.5 hours. After seeing how much it shrank over the cook I wish I had put on a few more skewers of meat. [p]Can out really well - I sliced across the grain rather than with it so it was very tender like meat candy.[p]The only problem with jerky is that it goes too fast.[p]-ChrisC[p][p]

Loaded on the New Jerky Rack from Thirdeye
DSC_0192.jpg[p][p]On the BGE at the start
DSC_0193.jpg[p][p]Ready to come off
DSC_0196.jpg[p][p]Ready to Eat!!!
DSC_0197.jpg[p]
[p]

Comments

• wrobs
    wrobs Posts: 109
    Options
    ChrisC,
    Man, that looks good! That would last about 5 minutes with my 14 y/o son around. What kind of meat did you use? I have been real pleased with London broil sliced thin. Those pics make me want to get some going this weekend for the GA/SC game. Go Cocks!
    wrobs

• ChrisC
    ChrisC Posts: 107
    Options
    wrobs,[p]I used a brisket flat - once I took off the fat cap it was kind of thin. I am going to try london broil next time. Do you slice it with or against the grain???[p]As far as the ball game - not sure who I would pull for - I will be in Boston this weekend cheering on the Clemson Tigers!!!