Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Stuffed Pork Loin (Pic)

Photo Egg
Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I posted last week and asked for Stuffing help and Baja Tom came through. I did my best to butterfly a large pork loin.
Salt, pepper and very thin layer of pesto. Topped this with sauteed shrooms (two kinds) Shallots and garlic. Added a very thin layer
of imported prosciutto and very thin layer of provolone cheese and topped with the remaining shroom mix. I needed some extra fingers for
the rope job but all went fairly well. I put a little EVOO and salt and pepper on the outside and cooked at 325 for about 75 min. It cooked a little faster than I guessed. I shut the cooker down at 130 and pulled at 145.[p]

StufPorkCrossView.jpg[p]
PorkFullStuff.jpg[p]
[p]Very good stuff, can't wait to try again. A little less salt and I will cook at a lower temp to help keep the cheese from over heating.
Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• wrobs
    wrobs Posts: 109
    Photo Egg,
    That looks really good! I have done several pork loins but have yet to try one stuffed but by looking at yours, I think it will be sooner rather than later.
    Good job.
    wrobs

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    wrobs,
    Thanks for the kind words.
    It was well worth the time. My Aunt makes a mean pork loin in the oven and it's a standard at many family events. We needed two for this event and I wanted to grill one and mix it up a little. This one was cooked using BGE raised grill on my Aunt's 22" Weber. I can't wait to try on my Egg. Very simple set up with a sheet of foil under the loin and coals pushed to each side with loin in the middle. A little apple wood for a light smoke and color.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas