Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Beef Rib Cook with Pic

Options
Topo Gigio
Topo Gigio Posts: 98
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
BeefRibs640x480.jpg
<p />Did my first Beef Rib Racks this weekend. These ribs were Canadian "AAA" 2.5-3 inches thick. 1 rib was 1 serving. Followed the same procedure as I would spares. Remove membrane, dizzy dust, indirect at 250 dome for 6 hours with spritzing and toothpick. I found not as tender as spares with this method. I like my spares juicy, a little chewy, not tough, not fall of the bone. Next time I might try foil method for comparison.[p]

Comments

• billyg
    billyg Posts: 315
    Options
    Topo Gigio,
    Those look real good, have never cooked them but I'm ging to try now. Problem is those that I see in the meat counters always lookk a little shy on meat.

• Sandbagger
    Options
    Topo Gigio, looks like them bones can do double duty......salmon planks when picked clean......:<)

• Bill G.``,[p]Yeah, I agree. Because the ribs are connected to the Prime Rib they carve out as much meat as possible. I was told by a butcher the numbers force this - beef ribs $1.98/lb vs. $6.97/lb. I tend to use short ribs instead. Very, very fatty but better than nothing[p]Howard

• KevinH
    KevinH Posts: 165
    Options
    Topo Gigio,[p]I usually prefer pork ribs, but sometimes I have a craving for beef ribs. Through experimentation, I have decided that foiling beef ribs is not the best option for me. Beef ribs tend to have a lot of grease that needs to be redndered out of the meat and not trapped inside foil. I try to cook the beef ribs for 7 hours at slightly lower temperature of 225 degrees. 250 seems to dry them out.