Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chiminea Who's interested in purchasing a new one?!

Options
2»

Comments

• SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    They might start making them if KJ starts coming out with red chiminea...

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    OT - I would spend a couple of grand if they every came up with a BIG pizza oven.

That'd bee the bees knees.
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• miniMAXd
    miniMAXd Posts: 22
    Options
    Dobie said:
    If it cracks and it's just a limited run can we just expect no replacements or warranty support ?
    The original Chiminea only came with a 1 year warrant.  The ceramics are also about half the thickness of an egg.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    billt01 said:
    OT - I would spend a couple of grand if they every came up with a BIG pizza oven.

That'd bee the bees knees.
    Oh man, that is a killer idea!  I'm not real interested in a chimanea, but a pizza oven is an idea I could get behind.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    Flint, Michigan
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    As on Facebook. I'm in for one. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • chuckytheegghead
    chuckytheegghead Posts: 1,201
    Options
  • kevfran99
    kevfran99 Posts: 4
    Options
    Checked with corporate today.  They are talking about producing a limited run of these.  nothing definite but it's possible
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    I would buy a red Joeminea
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Legume said:
    Or maybe a RTICminea for half off? (Of course you'll have to live with being labeled a scumbag for the rest of your forum life). 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Legume said:
    Or maybe a RTICminea for half off? (Of course you'll have to live with being labeled a scumbag for the rest of your forum life). 
    It could be much, much, worse, at least he's not a divorced cashier at Aldi.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Focker said:
    Legume said:
    You're more bitter than losing a wing contest. Give it a rest. 
  • Focker
    Options
    Focker said:
    Legume said:
    I'm far from bitter bud, just making a point.
    One would think the judger, and not the judgee, would be most bitter.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Hntnhrd said:
    If they could come up with a combo open fire cooker and cooler like this in green Put me down for at least one.

That's a new one to me!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Like the ice bucket part!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    kevfran99 said:
    Checked with corporate today.  They are talking about producing a limited run of these.  nothing definite but it's possible
    As I said early on I wonder how much, when and how they will be sold&delivered all of which will decide whether or not they move forward with that limited production. It will be interesting to see how many of the "count me in's" add up to folks plunking down the hard cash. The initial chiminea product was a loser for BGE and their dealers and those memories don't fade fast so my bet is it will be priced to turn a profit and done on a pre-sold basis.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    RRP said:
    kevfran99 said:
    As I said early on...
    I can confirm this.
  • Focker
    Options
    Why rehash a loser, but do nothing to upgrade their grill offering lineup.......baffling.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Focker said:
    Legume said:
    The "give it a rest" response is sooo generic, you're smarter than that bro.
    I believe you, and @Eggcelsior, another judger, are fellow RNs.  Have to admit, that kind of, caught me off guard.
    @Eggcelsior could chime in any time, it is welcomed, but I doubt he has the balls to do so.  

Honesty is the best policy IMO.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• DoubleEgger
    edited May 2017
    Options
    First off, I'm not your bro. You should be smarter than to think that.  Second, I'm not in the medical field in any way, shape, or form. Not my cup of tea. 
  • Focker
    Options
    First off, I'm not your bro. You should be smarter than to think that.  Second, I'm not in the medical field in any way, shape, or form. Not my cup of tea. 
    That makes complete sense now.  Thanks.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Focker said:

No problem. 
  • Focker
    Options
    Focker said:

No problem. 
    Judge on!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Focker said:
    Focker said:

No problem. 
    Judge on!
    Whatever dude. 
  • fishepa
    fishepa Posts: 211
    Options
    I would be interested in one.
    War Damn Eagle!
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I would likely buy one 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• JalopyBob
    JalopyBob Posts: 175
    Options
    I liked the chimenea from BGE when they were available years ago, but it seems as if they were a fad that has moved on.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    JalopyBob said:
    I liked the chimenea from BGE when they were available years ago, but it seems as if they were a fad that has moved on.
    Not all of us has moved on...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.