Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2017
    Nighttime driving is no joke.  Glad y'all came out unscathed.  Had four shooter deer cross just in time, horn blaring, leaving the campground last night at 55mph.  

My heavy Chevy policy is to be calm and carry on, call DNR, harvest, process.  A friend lost his life on his Harley by someone slamming on the brakes for a bird.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Almost finished the rental house renovation this weekend. Finished the painting, pressure washed house and driveway, landscaped (30 bags of mulch and 4 new bushes) and installed two of the 4 kitchen appliances. Should be finished next trip... (2 more appliances and final cleanup to go) then this **** is FOR SALE!!!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    bucky925 said:
    My harrowing experance leaving my daughters graduation.  We swapped out cars because her's (2007 mazda 3) ac didnt work.  Left her a nissan  versa.  Well if any of you have ever traveled 421 out of Lillington it is desolate to say the least.  It was dark and raining and she had neglected to change the wipers.  
    Oh it gets better.  About 20 mins down 421 we hit a coyote.  My wife was driving and it lifted up my side of the car.  About a mile after the car started making a really BAD noise.  Nowhere to turn off, pitch black and rain.  When we made it to the Asheboro exit we stopped at a quickie stop and looked under the car.  It turned out the plastic skid plat was broken and dragging only holding by one bolt.  I didn't have my tool kit so the only thing to do was trudge on.   

About 10 miles down the road (with no defrost and bad wipers with rain pelting down) the biggest buck deer I've ever seen ran out in front of us.  Mrs. B hit the brakes and we missed it by no more that 10 feet.  GEEZE.  The wife told me she would like to stop and get some munchies but with with our luck we would walk into a stop and rob.   So we continued on. 

When we got to I85 the rain really picked up.  We couldn't even see the road lanes.  I have never been so glad to see our exit. 

Thanks for letting me share. 
    Glad all safe.... one of those days seem to never end...  
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    YukonRon said:
    lousubcap said:
    @YukonRon - Hmm.  Do I still see the stump   =)  
    Time for a bottle of wine.
    Totally agree. Calling the stump grinding guy tomorrow. Going to the nursery Tuesday to get a replacement white dogwood. Heading to the cellar in just a few minutes, to find a nice Southern Rhone Blend that is a bit dust covered. Circa 1992. Prepping for LEO.
    I've seen guys drill holes and light fires in stumps.  After a couple a 3 days it almost burns completely away.  Knock in the few bits remaining and cover with dirt.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Jeremiah said:
    Almost finished the rental house renovation this weekend. Finished the painting, pressure washed house and driveway, landscaped (30 bags of mulch and 4 new bushes) and installed two of the 4 kitchen appliances. Should be finished next trip... (2 more appliances and final cleanup to go) then this **** is FOR SALE!!!
    Come on, rent again.  Mow you know the ropes.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    @Ozzie_Isaac - That process is quite effective if the follow-on landscape is grass or some other shallow root plant.  But if you want a tree replacement then you really have to get the core trunk and major root system out of the ground so that the replacement, likely landing in the same place has room to grow.  Been down that road and after 0 for 1 I called in another company and am now 1 for 2.   Something for 3 will not happen.  I would move the replacement a few feet off the original site.  BTW- I know less about replacement trees than I do Q.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    WeberWho said:
    YukonRon said:
    Done and nobody died.
    If anyone offers to sell you a Poulan Pro chainsaw, kick them in the backside.
    Newer chainsaw? My Dad has an early 80's Poulan chainsaw that he just rebuilt. He refuses to buy anything newer. That's too bad about your chainsaw 
    So says the guy who can take a genuine POS and rehab it into the best thing ever for the job it was designed to do.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac - That process is quite effective if the follow-on landscape is grass or some other shallow root plant.  But if you want a tree replacement then you really have to get the core trunk and major root system out of the ground so that the replacement, likely landing in the same place has room to grow.  Been down that road and after 0 for 1 I called in another company and am now 1 for 2.   Something for 3 will not happen.  I would move the replacement a few feet off the original site.  BTW- I know less about replacement trees than I do Q.  
    We have an ordinance in Downtown Louisville that will not allow for stump burning. My plan is exactly what is stated above. Grind that SOB into oblivion, fill and reseed, then replace moving the new one a few more feet away from the original. I too have seen them burn, for days, which is very effective, however, living downtown, I do not have that option available to me. 
    Friendly neighbors will only put up with so much smoke from my house.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    In jury duty waiting room.  We get to watch a movie in a minute :clap:

They said by lunch we should know what the rest of our week will look like.  :open_mouth:
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    Botch said:
    Focker said:
    Focker said:
    and the turkey club on toasted sourdough

DAMN!!!
    glad i said light on the lettuce =) almost added a italian rice ball in sauce, no way i would have gotten to that
    Lol, that club is a work of art, good meat to fluff ratio.  What an Italian gem of a deli you have found.
    Fishlessman, I'm not trying to knock your sammich or anything, 

but....
    I'm not a fan of that kind of overstuffed sammich, at all.  You can't get your mouth around it, if the bun is crusty enough you cut your lips while trying to get your mouth around it (I used to do this often), and when the meat's that thick, you might as well be eating a whole turkey cutlet with a side salad.  I do like a balance between meat, greens, tomato, bread, and condiments... and the above ain't it.  
    Guy Fieri eats a lot of these kinds of sammiches, and he struggles to get them in his mouth too.  It just doesn't make sense to me, and there are a few local sammich shops I don't go to anymore because of the overstuffing.  
    YMMV, of course, and those overstuffed contraptions continue to sell, but for me, I like them thinner/more balanced.  A sammich was developed for eating convenience, not to present a struggle.  
    i asked for light on the lettuce and they didnt upcharge me for that, would think you could ask for light on the turkey without getting charged more =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    thetrim said:
    WeberWho said:
    YukonRon said:
    Done and nobody died.
    If anyone offers to sell you a Poulan Pro chainsaw, kick them in the backside.
    Newer chainsaw? My Dad has an early 80's Poulan chainsaw that he just rebuilt. He refuses to buy anything newer. That's too bad about your chainsaw 
    So says the guy who can take a genuine POS and rehab it into the best thing ever for the job it was designed to do.
    Your too nice trim! 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    There are 8 girls in my house trying on prom dresses. 4 finger pour tonight. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • thetrim
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    No jury required this week.  No need to report back.  

In other news,  the jury is back on LED light bulbs.  They don't last 20 years.  .   Not even 20 months. I installed a bunch in the last 6 months and 3 have already stopped working.  :angry:
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    kl8ton said:

In other news,  the jury is back on LED light bulbs.  They don't last 20 years.  .   Not even 20 months. I installed a bunch in the last 6 months and 3 have already stopped working.  :angry:
    It wasn't the LED but the "Edison Fluorescent" (short-lived, thank goodness) that I doubted the 20-year guarantee, so I made a point to keep the box and receipt.  In less than two years it was burned out, I carefully boxed it up, circled the warrantee, and sent it back to the manufacturer.  
    That was about two years ago, no reply.
    I haven't had an LED go out on me yet, and I am thankful their price has dropped so much.  My main reading light always knew when I was having the worst day, and burned out then; the LED above me hasn't done that yet.  Happy.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Botch said:
    kl8ton said:

It wasn't the LED but the "Edison Fluorescent" (short-lived, thank goodness) that I doubted the 20-year guarantee, so I made a point to keep the box and receipt.  In less than two years it was burned out, I carefully boxed it up, circled the warrantee, and sent it back to the manufacturer.  
    That was about two years ago, no reply.
    I haven't had an LED go out on me yet, and I am thankful their price has dropped so much.  My main reading light always knew when I was having the worst day, and burned out then; the LED above me hasn't done that yet.  Happy.  
    Warranties and insurance. These will be the cause of the apocalypse. I am pretty sure if this. Also I'm pretty drunk. So there's that. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Just got on a train to Manhattan. Full day of presentations tomorrow, didn't want to leave the house at 4:30AM.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    DMW said:
    Just got on a train to Manhattan. Full day of presentations tomorrow, didn't want to leave the house at 4:30AM.
    personal hell
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Tri tip on the mini
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I guess I'm special

This prestigious honor consisted of a goodie​bag, here's the contents:

And an upgraded room. City view and I'm told it is larger than the standard rooms. Well, the room is decent, but not spacious...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • thetrim
    Three chocolates!!!!! I'd say you're pretty darn special!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Spicy Cheetos would have been really special...
    Las Vegas, NV

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Realizing I suck at this thing called dating 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2017
    Nvr mind.  Venting.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2017
    thetrim said:
    Three chocolates!!!!! I'd say you're pretty darn special!
    Lol, I thought it was a cork screw and condoms.  I was wondering where he was staying.
  • thetrim
    You never know w/ him.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    kl8ton said:

@kl8ton We installed a lot of no brand LED spot lights a few years ago and had regular bulb failures over time. A lot were in the kitchen, so heavily used. After 2 years they had all gone. I bit the bullet and went for a good brand, Osram for the spots and some Philips elsewhere. The oldest of these must be about 4 years installed now and zero failures.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871
    Watching the news, smfh.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike