Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Western MA Eggers?

Hope everyone is having a great spring!

I'm posting today to see if anyone in the general Western MA area would be interested in purchasing a pallet of Wicked Good Lump charcoal from their distribution center in Holyoke, MA.  I contacted the owner and a pallet consists of 30 bags of 20lb lump at $12.75 a bag.  I'm not sure if there will be additional warehouse fees or taxes on top of that price.  I'd ideally like to keep 10 bags for myself but can definitely be amendable depending on the interest.  I have access to a truck and don't mind footing the cost and picking up the lump, and arranging a pickup for the bags where you could pay then.

Feel free to post in with your interest, or email me directly at blap98@yahoo.com.  Thanks so much!

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Hi, Vincent. I'd like 10 bags. It's great lump and you can't even buy RO that cheap!! =) Actually, unless they've changed, I recall their bags hold 22 lbs, so even better.

Their whse is about 30 mi from me so I might want to meet you there. I don't have a truck, but 10 will fit in my car.

Thanks!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Ah well. Looks like they've done what RO did. Reduced the weight of the bag. On the other hand, ISTR that I paid $13something last time I bought some.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Vincent Chase
    Vincent Chase Posts: 149
    Ah well. Looks like they've done what RO did. Reduced the weight of the bag. On the other hand, ISTR that I paid $13something last time I bought some.
    Lee Ann did mention in her email that the size of the bags were reduced by 2lbs.  I'm still thrilled at the price though and think it's incredible value given the quality of their product!  

Ill put you down for 10 bags and hopefully we can get at least one more person to get in.  When you get a chance later, shoot me an email if you can.  Thanks!
  • Carolina Q
    @dopey, @CTMike, @CtTOPGUN, @jhl192, @Sundown

Four are in CT and Sundown is a big fan of WG.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Vincent Chase
    Vincent Chase Posts: 149
    Thanks so much for tagging those folks!
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    New to forum and I'm just over the county line from the 413. I'd be interested and have a truck. Drop me a message and I'll work with you guys on logistics. 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    I'm in for 10 bags. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Carolina Q
    Hmm, 30 bags total, four people who want 10 each. Need a couple more folks @10ea and we can split TWO pallets! :) How about @fishlessman and @stike?

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• dopey
    dopey Posts: 201
    There you go! Full pallet done.  I still have 9 bags in the shed from a recent firecraft order, but good to know we have enough people to do bulk orders up in these parts!
    What I do when I'm black out drunk is none of my business...

John Central CT
  • Carolina Q
    Nice to know that you can get a 20 lb bag of Wicked Good as-good-as-it-gets lump for under $14 a bag. At least you can if you live near the distribution center. Sure beats $21.95! 

Just picked up my 10 bags today. Thanks, Ben!! Haven't opened one yet, but they "feel" right, like they have good sized pieces, and the bags don't sound anything like rain sticks. Just like the last time I bought the stuff.

Ten should last a while. =)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Hi, Vincent. I'd like 10 bags. It's great lump and you can't even buy RO that cheap!! =) Actually, unless they've changed, I recall their bags hold 22 lbs, so even better.

Their whse is about 30 mi from me so I might want to meet you there. I don't have a truck, but 10 will fit in my car.

Thanks!
    What kind of price at the dist whse buying 5/10 bags? I will be driving to New England in July. Where is this?

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Carolina Q
    @Mickey, I don't know if they'll sell less than half a pallet (a full pallet is 30 bags). I bought 15 once, but actually, I think she made an exception - normally a full pallet. The distribution center is in Holyoke MA, just north of Springfield. To find out for sure, email LeeAnn at.......... wickedgood at psouth dot net

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    @Mickey, I don't know if they'll sell less than half a pallet (a full pallet is 30 bags). I bought 15 once, but actually, I think she made an exception - normally a full pallet. The distribution center is in Holyoke MA, just north of Springfield. To find out for sure, email LeeAnn at.......... wickedgood at psouth dot net
    Will look into contacting her on the way home and see how much room in the van I will have. We are driving up and flying daughter and two granddaughters into Boston and out of Portland MA after a week. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Carolina Q
    Man, do you ever sit still?! You have traveled more since you retired than I have traveled in my whole LIFE! =)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut