Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA - NC Craigslist - XL with table $500

Options

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    That's awesome Matt! Congrats!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Whoo Hoo!  Guy called me back just now and said to pick it up.  Thought for sure it was a scam, but said he has been busy. Said I was the first on his voicemail so it was mine. I thought for sure he'd not take $425 that I offered, and I be damned if he took it.  

I'm leaving work at noon to head over and pick it up.  

Maybe changing my name to tripleEgger . 
    Way to go! I am impressed you got it for even less than what was already an amazing price. Good call on offering him less. Even if it has lighter fluid residue, you should be able to cook that out of there eventually. Hope you plan to rehab the table too. Post some pics when you get it home please. Inspired by your success, I might just start watching cl for a bargain.
    Hope you don't get there and he has changed his mind or accepted a higher offer. That would be my luck.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    Congrats on the score.  Better to be lucky than good any day.  Enjoy.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    Whoo Hoo!  Guy called me back just now and said to pick it up.  Thought for sure it was a scam, but said he has been busy. Said I was the first on his voicemail so it was mine. I thought for sure he'd not take $425 that I offered, and I be damned if he took it.  

Congrats. Maybe I'll get lucky like this sometime next year when I start looking for my third Egg. I'm glad that someone from here got it. Report back on the lighter fluid issue and let us know how it goes.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

I just emailed his this link.lol
    Nice score!
    Hope the guy doesn't have seller's remorse after reading. Would have waited until Matt picked it up before sending the thread. In any event, congrats.  Quite a score. Well done. 
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options

Hold on a minute here!  I contacted the guy and offered $250 and he said I could have it and his pickup too if I was interested.  What gives?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options

Good job Matt!! You stole that!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options

Hold on a minute here!  I contacted the guy and offered $250 and he said I could have it and his pickup too if I was interested.  What gives?
    Was he trying to throw in some seeing eye monkeys too by chance and go by the name Big Tater (had a raspy mousy voice)? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Nice score!  Lucky dog. 

Little Rock, AR

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    edited May 2017
    Options
    OK, I have been thinking about this and I am amazed you have the patience to wait until noon. I would be useless with anxiety and excitement waiting for time to leave. 
    Good luck with the pick up and journey back home.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    OK, I have been thinking about this and I am amazed you have the patience to wait until noon. I would be useless with anxiety and excitement waiting for time to leave. 
    Good luck with the pick up and journey back home.
    I would be GONE. Right now. 

Little Rock, AR

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

I just emailed his this link.lol
    Nice score!
    Hope the guy doesn't have seller's remorse after reading. Would have waited until Matt picked it up before sending the thread. In any event, congrats.  Quite a score. Well done. 
    I was joking...hence the...lol
    I'm always happy to see a nice score by another Egghead.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Okay.. I've let this go on too long.  

I thought I'd pull some chains here, and appears I did just that.  

I didn't inquire about this.  I noticed that others were not getting a reply and seized the opportunity.  Hopefully, someone will get notified that this is available and can pick it up!  Though that will not be me.  

Thought this gif would be fitting to this:  

jk kidding just kidding jon stewart the daily show GIF
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options

Can I have the pickup? It's kind of hard to tailgate without a truck so I'm feeling put out. maybe the guberment will give me one. 
    MiniMax 04/17

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Hope your dome falls off on your foot now matt. 
    I knew when I was getting PMs from folks wanting to buy it off me, that I should probably post I was kidding. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Shoulda rode it out a little longer. Could have lifted some pics from somebody. Posted a huge cracked egg. Would have had a gofundme new egg by the weekend. 

Little Rock, AR

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Shoulda rode it out a little longer. Could have lifted some pics from somebody. Posted a huge cracked egg. Would have had a gofundme new egg by the weekend. 
    I still have a few minutes to edit my post!
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Well played Matt.  

Around here, that would be more than double the $.  I think seller is looking to abduct middle aged, heavy set bbq guys.

Phoenix 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    blasting said:

Well played Matt.  

Around here, that would be more than double the $.  I think seller is looking to abduct middle aged, heavy set bbq guys.

Pro Tip: Always use the buddy system when going to pick up something at a strangers house found via Craigslist. 

Especially when the seller is apparently a carnivore. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• noveggske
    noveggske Posts: 38
    Options
    Damn that's a good deal. 
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    blasting said:

Well played Matt.  

Pro Tip: Always use the buddy system when going to pick up something at a strangers house found via Craigslist. 

Especially when the seller is apparently a carnivore. :)
    Well said. My son buys and sells car parts on Craig's list sometimes. I usually go along for the exchange. I stay out of the transaction and just hover in over watch.  And I am always armed. 
    MiniMax 04/17

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    You, sir, are an a$$hole (that had everyone falling for it.)  Nice job.  Remind me to never play poker with you.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited May 2017
    Options
    At least if this XL is bogus nobody's hurt. Some people just don't possess common sense.
    http://www.news4jax.com/news/craigslist-ad-for-slaves-posted-from-fleming-island-high-school
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    At least if this XL is bogus nobody's hurt. Some people just don't possess common sense.
    http://www.news4jax.com/news/craigslist-ad-for-slaves-posted-from-fleming-island-high-school
    That is practically in your backyard. 
    MiniMax 04/17

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    That is practically in your backyard. 
    It certainly is. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Glad a friend got this!!

edit --- aw. Posted before reading page two. 

I might have have to go get this tomorrow I'm 30 know mutes away...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options

Congrats my friend.  Be sure to tighten the bolts.....
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga