Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT My vicious pitbull the neighborhood has an agenda against

dopey
dopey Posts: 201
We got her 2 years ago as a rescue.  Sweetest pup I could ever axe for.  We've had no problems for a few years until a local dog decided to get loose and be a douchebag.  She came into our yard aggressively and my pup wasn't having any of it.

When the owner came and saw what was happening, she called her dog back. She had plenty of time to create​ a story.. biatch that she is, she created a smear campaign against my dog. 

I can't portray this jerk as anything but that, but there's not a mean bone in her body unless provoked...

This Golden Retriever has the *sshole gene that needs to be dealt with, but the stigma of pits makes everyone side with the shaggy a**hole.

Sorry, end of my rant.  
What I do when I'm black out drunk is none of my business...

John Central CT

Comments

• Hairless_Hand
    Hairless_Hand Posts: 214
    Save the pit bull rants for Friday night. You will get a lot more traction. 
  • dopey
    I guess,. It's my Friday and Buffalo Trace bourbon is corsing through my system

John Central CT
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Man. dogs will be dogs. Lost a great one (American Bull) to a weird situation. All the best to you with your journey. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Good luck! Our next door neighbor has an equally sweet 3 year old rescue female 90 pound pit bull. They installed an invisible fence on their 4 acre lot which cost them a bundle. Annie is fine, but in her former abused life someone tormented her while riding a bycycle. When she sees someone riding by she charges out until the shock collar hits her. Just the same people are scared sh*tless until they know they are fine! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Hope it all turns out ok.  Neighbor problems suck.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Their dog went onto your property. Obviously your dog wasn't the aggressor. Should be a no brainer unless there is anti pitbull legislation in your neighborhood. Am I missing something? What did the lady say and to who?

As long as there isn't an anti-pit ordinance in your community I would think you'd be fine (at least I the eyes of the law). 
  • dopey
    No problems, just one of those know-it-all bitches with no job and a husband that obviously despises her.  We were on 1/2 friendly terms until she started crying about our dog.  I wouldn't even know if she hadn't said anything to next door that kids call auntie and Uncle.  Whatever, I'm over it.. I just wish people would bring their gripes straight to me like I do at work and resolve them right away.

John Central CT
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    First of all beautiful dog!!!!

second my son and his fiancé have a pit and we freaking love him. We go out hiking with them and they take him along, always leashed.  And there are always several other dogs with their owners.  

Even though my sons dog never barks or becomes aggressive while out, when other people see his dog it's like they panic because he's a pit bull. 

Its certainly frustrating and I feel for you.  However I think the pre conceived perception that folks have against these dogs isn't going away anytime soon and you will likely deal with it again in the future.  Good luck and I hope it all does down soon for you!!
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506

Hubby and I love our dogs/cats. We have two Welsh Corgis, great dogs. We used to have an anti-Pit Bull ordinance in Cincinnati, but thank God they came to their senses and repealed it. The issue with anti types are the few bad ones-which can be blamed on the ass hat owners who make them aggressive but that is true of any breed. My sister owned a German Shepherd, great dog that a neighbor engaged on a smear campaign against. Issue-dog barked when her kids came in the yard. Yea, that.

Anyhow good luck, she is a beauty and a great dog. After awhile things will calm down. I mean their dog went into your property-like what the heck?

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    The thread is sunk. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    my old german sheppard was attacked one day by 3 goldens while he was hooked up to my sled, 3 goldens down, one angry guy on skiis threatening me, me unleashing the dog from the sled ;) i could never trust him around goldens again, it turned into a game for him. the dog pulled all my gear out 3 miles on the ice, had still been attached to the sled, took out a dog pack, and this guys telling me its my fault and he is calling the police, good luck with that
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    I love my American Staffordshire Terrior(the show breed of pit).  He's the sweetest boy I have ever owned.  Most of my neighbors know how friendly he is, but a lot of people cross the street when they see us coming.  I hate that there is such a negative stigma attached to these dogs.  
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    I love my American Staffordshire Terrior(the show breed of pit).  He's the sweetest boy I have ever owned.  Most of my neighbors know how friendly he is, but a lot of people cross the street when they see us coming.  I hate that there is such a negative stigma attached to these dogs.  
    that used to happen with my german shepard as well, parents even telling kids the dog will bite you. my dog grew up running loose on a college campus, played with hundreds of people a day back in the 80's. bet that could not be done on todays college campus.  ive changed over to britts since those days and am still seeing fear at times, its unbelievable the fear thats being taught
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    There are a lot of things not longer allowed on college campuses today that we're allow d and promoted years ago. Primarily: patriotism, freedom, and liberty.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95