Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Wait till you get a repair bill for the Beemer.

Love my '07 FZ-6. Just the right amount of leg room for me. Had a Kawasaki Concours I was definitely not tall enough for.

Keep the rubber side down!

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Just chopped up a couple of old apple logs for smoking. Got some piggie to do this weekend and was down to the last piece.
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    In my front yard by the door right now ..

I would be calling a realtor first thing in the morning. Makes my skin crawl thinking of walking outside my house and seeing that. Nightmares.... They are the main reason I put up with Minnesota winters.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    I saw a snake on the water in Northern Minnesota last May @Cashfan. Couldn't believe it. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Back at the rental house for another weekend of renovations. Brought the teardrop, camping in the garage. Good times.  B)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Just packed up the car to take stuff to our neighborhood dumpster day.  After that, running a bunch of errands and staying out of the first really hot day, especially since everything in our area is coated with pollen and my allergies are going crazy.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    BS breakfast inspired by a recent Todd Toven breakfast taco vid.

Boys loved the chorizo hash with Aldi dilla cheese, placed a couple of overeasy eggs on top, and bacon per nephew's request.

I opted for breakfast burritz

That's a wrap.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,320
    Enjoying the sound of the generator powering essentials-fridges and computer.  Lost power around mid-night (lightening strike around 1 1/2 miles away) and best guess is back on the grid in around 6-7 hours.  Definitely some healthy straight-line winds as well.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Kayak said:
    Already been there.  :bawling:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    You know those crumbs at the bottom of a bag of barbeque chips?  I thought they might make a tasty addition to a cheese omelette.

They didn't.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Kayak said:

Love my '07 FZ-6. Just the right amount of leg room for me. Had a Kawasaki Concours I was definitely not tall enough for.

Keep the rubber side down!
    I did all DIY on the GS and the '76 R90 I have now is easy to work on.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Focker said:
    BS breakfast inspired by a recent Todd Toven breakfast taco vid.

Boys loved the chorizo hash with Aldi dilla cheese, placed a couple of overeasy eggs on top, and bacon per nephew's request.

I opted for breakfast burritz

That's a wrap.

Uh, yes please!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,023
    Cashfan said:

I would be calling a realtor first thing in the morning. Makes my skin crawl thinking of walking outside my house and seeing that. Nightmares.... They are the main reason I put up with Minnesota winters.
    Thats the 3rd gopher snake I've seen in 1 month.  All different individuals.  Snakes don't bother me.  In highschool, Crocodile hunter was huge.  We used to try his methods on rattlesnakes.  Not the brightest thing, but was fun.

I had some friends put a gift bag in my truck.  It had a live rattlesnake LOL!  I got even though.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Almost done with the splitting.  I have to stack  the wood on the ground and drive the trailer load to my fathers tomorrow. Oh yea, stack that too.  

Noticed this swarm above me when putting stuff away.  I believe honeybees, but too high to tell for sure. Bad picture I know, but cool to see and hear. 

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DoubleEgger
    @Sea2Ski I sold firewood all four years of college to have walking around/beer money. I feel your pain. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Just pulled off some beef that'll get sliced thin and taken camping next weekend.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lousubcap
    Restoring my little universe to life before the generator.  Some major localized destruction within about 1-2 miles of here.  No injuries but plenty of property damage.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Leaving la la land. Heading back to Dixie. Thank goodness. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    Restoring my little universe to life before the generator.  Some major localized destruction within about 1-2 miles of here.  No injuries but plenty of property damage.  
    What happened?   Glad everyone is ok.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Extra smokey at start up. Something funky must have dripped somewhere.

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • lousubcap
    @Ozzie_Isaac - Off the grid around midnight last night-heavy rains and about 1-2 miles from me serious straight-line winds took out several trees, 8 utility poles and lots of fencing and landscaping.  Most localized destruction I have seen in the 18+ years I have been here.  
    Have experienced much longer outages and broader damage but never as concentrated as last night.  Thanks for asking.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    lousubcap said:
    Glad you're good minus the property damage Cap!

Had a creole butter injected turkey and fixins for the hell of it.  Daughter and friend helping with chores around the house rewarded with their favorite meal.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    SGH said:
    Leaving la la land. Heading back to Dixie. Thank goodness. 

Looks like you're headed the long way around. Might want to get them to point it the other way. ;)
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • DoubleEgger
    Some pit beef in the hot tub 

• Cashfan
    I saw a snake on the water in Northern Minnesota last May @Cashfan. Couldn't believe it. 
    They are around up here. Garter snakes in the weeds, and a few rattlers, bull and other by the rivers and bluffs. Not very common thing to see when out and about though. I couldn't imagine having to be aware of dangerous snakes when mowing the yard or letting the dog out. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2017
    Cashfan said:
    They are around up here. Garter snakes in the weeds, and a few rattlers, bull and other by the rivers and bluffs. Not very common thing to see when out and about though. I couldn't imagine having to be aware of dangerous snakes when mowing the yard or letting the dog out. 
    No mowing, but I do check before I let my JRT out.  She attacks and kills anything that moves.  She had tangled with snakes and coyotes in our yard.  The 'yotes made out better than she did.
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan said:

Thats the 3rd gopher snake I've seen in 1 month.  All different individuals.  Snakes don't bother me.  In highschool, Crocodile hunter was huge.  We used to try his methods on rattlesnakes.  Not the brightest thing, but was fun.

I had some friends put a gift bag in my truck.  It had a live rattlesnake LOL!  I got even though.
    I've had a few snake encounter's, its one of the reasons I quit fishing. I generally run for truck and don't look back.

Went to South Dakota to shoot prairie dogs one year. We were out of the truck looking around for about 10 min when one of the guys shoots a big rattler. I ran for the truck and got the shotgun. Never went anywhere outside without the shotgun at the ready for the next four days. Freaked me out. Never saw another one till we were leaving, and ran one over with the truck.
  • lousubcap
    Just learned that the National Weather Service confirmed that an EF-1 tornado was on the ground for around 1 mile (250 yds wide) about a mile from my house last night.  That explains the destruction that I initially assigned to straight-line winds.  Better to be lucky than good for sure.  Closest encounter I have had with one of those.  There is a precipitous boundary with the debris field when one rolls thru and if I never again see it first-hand I am fine with that.  
  • dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    lousubcap said:
    Just learned that the National Weather Service confirmed that an EF-1 tornado was on the ground for around 1 mile (250 yds wide) about a mile from my house last night.  That explains the destruction that I initially assigned to straight-line winds.  Better to be lucky than good for sure.  Closest encounter I have had with one of those.  There is a precipitous boundary with the debris field whenone rolls thru and if I never again see it first-hand I am fine with that.  
    Hard to imagine what people experience with a direct hit with one of those or worse yet with one greater than an F-1. 

XL BGE
    MD