Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Momtreal chicken seasoning

Options
Sippi
Sippi Posts: 83
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have seen a number of posts over the past few months related to Montreal steak seasoning. I don't recall having seen one relative to Montreal chicken seasoning. I would appreciate your thoughts and if you add anything other than the Montreal seasoning prior to cooking.[p][p][p]
thanks

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    View?u=1386188&a=10352425&p=34908557
    <p />Sippi, I used it on beer butt chicken a few times. On these birds I didn't put enough on but I do rub underneath the skin for extra flavor.[p]CWM
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    Sippi, I can only give you the impression from our own household, but we've tried the Montreal Chicken Spice (last night for instance, on chicken breasts). It just doesn't compare to its predecessor, the MSS, in our opinion. (Denise said, "What'd you put on the chicken?" with that wrinkled up nose that lets you know it's not meant as a ringing endorsement). I much prefer Prudhomme's Poultry Magic. Think they're trying to milk the Montreal Steak Spice franchise with this one. A little strong for chicken is general consensus in the BBQfan household.
    Cheers,
    BBQfan1

• Dec
    Dec Posts: 70
    Options
    Sippi,[p]I will agree with BBQFan1, MCS does not compare to MSS. I have always been partial to salt, pepper, and garlic. I may get fancy and add some cumin and rosemary.[p]Dec
  • BBQfan1,...Hey, how are you?....
    Were heading for Ottawa this weekend.....do ya know of any q joints around there?
    p.s.
    I haven`t forgotten your little thing in the mail....
    Roger[p]