Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Brunswick Stew

ChipperChipper Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just had my second round of left-over brunswick stew from the batch that I made on the Egg this weekend. Man what a great lunch. It seems to get better the longer it sets. I used the recipe from SMOKE AND SPICE with a couple of modifications. I put the chicken peices on the Egg to smoke a little before putting them in water in the dutch oven (which I put on the Egg). The recipe did not call for tomatoes or corn, so I added two 28oz cans of tomatoes and two cans of sweet corn. I think next time I will add a third can of tomatoes and leave out the green beans.[p]I love my Egg![p]

Comments

• SloMoSloMo Posts: 21
    Chipper,
    See "Red's Brunswick Stew" in the Recipe Section.
    All of my meat is cooked on the Egg prior to use in the stew. The best part about stew is you can put anything YOU like in it. Eggperiment with various meats, veggies, etc. till you get what you like. I am always modifying depending on whats handy. Red states I never make the stew the same way more than two times before trying a modification.
    SloMo