Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Non-EGG Kamados

Options
2»

Comments

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    I don't have a Grilla Kong, but I do have their Grilla pellet smoker. I can't speak on the quality of the Kong, but I have dealt with their customer service a couple of times. There was never any questions asked and they were very helpful and easy to deal with. 
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    To say that bge is the only one who will still be around is ignorant.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I propose that you post this same question on the Non-EGG Kamado Forums and report back with your findings.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Is said friend handy or is he a pencil pusher? This would be an economical build and would get him into the game. Plus he'd literally know his cooker inside and out. Clearly Svend is on whole nother level. 
    https://youtu.be/S5qclQHlOZw
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL I think this one is more my skill level. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kld3zeQ1C0E

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt that seems a little beyond my abilities.  All kidding aside that's a cool project to do with my daughter 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• TN_Sister_State
    Options
    Dammit now im going down the youtube rabbit hole.....
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Long term purchase. Save up then buy when the time is right 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Saw some red at Lowe's today.  First nongreen ceramic available here in the QC.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Options
    noveggske said:

Photo Egg said:
    Not sure if it's related to Pitmaster but the 4 year warranty would stop me from buying.
    I'm a guy who has no issues buying used eggs, I actually prefer it, but I'm cheap.   The egg warranty is good, but is limited to say the least.  Just ceramic issues due to manufacturer error which if we look at it honestly would probably come out in the first year or so with heavy use.  
    I just got my complete XL replaced under warranty. Had a crack on the bottom, local dealer gave me a hard time, mothership made it happen. Got a completely new XL. I can personally say that the BGE warranty is second to none. Thanks to Bruce at the mothership! I will continue to purchase Eggs, and recommend them to my friends and loved ones. 

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• camofreak
    camofreak Posts: 161
    Options
    I am not a rich man. I had a hard time spending for my BGE. There is a guy here who sells Saffire. It is plenty nice. He sells his large for $749. That seems all good but you still have to buy accessories. If someone really is looking to save you may go that route but in the end I thought if I was going that far I might as well come off the other $150 and get the BGE.
    Green Eggin' in South Carolina
    Go Gamecocks!!!
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    @Acn what's there to disagree with?  I'll assume you've fat fingered my above post. 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    ryantt said:
    @Acn what's there to disagree with?  I'll assume you've fat fingered my above post. 
    Or he doesn't think you and/or your daughter have the skills to pull it off? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    ryantt said:
    Yep, and I clicked again.  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• noveggske
    noveggske Posts: 38
    Options
    noveggske said:
    Please skip the "just get an egg" or "#BGE4LIFE" comments.    I was looking through other Kamado options, I have a large and MM looking for friends, and I really like the Grilla Kong, price seems right, features seem right.   But is it just a rebranded pitmaster kamado?  
    that grill is made by vision grills. forget customer service, they voided my warranty day one.they decided one day to void the warranty from a certain dealer, the day i bought mine. no problems with the grill except the daisy is cheaply made and there was a rubber gasket on the gage that melts off with the first use. mine was the kub, equivalent to the mini. either home depot or lowes sells vision, you can go look at one. the side tables are easily removed if you want to store them out of the weather

Visions voided the warranty or Grilla did? 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    noveggske said:
    noveggske said:
    Please skip the "just get an egg" or "#BGE4LIFE" comments.    I was looking through other Kamado options, I have a large and MM looking for friends, and I really like the Grilla Kong, price seems right, features seem right.   But is it just a rebranded pitmaster kamado?  
    that grill is made by vision grills. forget customer service, they voided my warranty day one.they decided one day to void the warranty from a certain dealer, the day i bought mine. no problems with the grill except the daisy is cheaply made and there was a rubber gasket on the gage that melts off with the first use. mine was the kub, equivalent to the mini. either home depot or lowes sells vision, you can go look at one. the side tables are easily removed if you want to store them out of the weather

Visions voided the warranty or Grilla did? 
    Vision voided his warranty but it's because it wasn't sold through a vision dealer. Green egg does the same thing.