Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Official NC Butt Blast 2017 Thread - April 22, 2017

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    edited April 2017
    Options
    gmac said:
    gmac said:
    I have never met any of you but I think @nolaegghead has his fly open. 
    That's typical. He's just like Trump - he likes to walk around with his zipper down.  
    I didn't mean to turn this into a political thing. Do you have to announce your loyalty before attending?
    No just which restroom you plan on using. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    edited April 2017
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    That is one great looking double brisket pic.  Dang- got the mahogany finish working right there.
    BTW-anyone even attempt a butt or is that just a cover for the shenanigans that occur at the zoo?? ;)
    And Gary had two bone-in butts that were babysat along with the briskets.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    So bummed I couldn't make it this year. Looks like a great time was had. If there is a next year, I'll be there.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    gmac said:
    gmac said:
    That's typical. He's just like Trump - he likes to walk around with his zipper down.  
    I didn't mean to turn this into a political thing. Do you have to announce your loyalty before attending?
    You announce your loyalty to great food, great friends and great fun. That's all. The rest falls by the wayside. 
    I like that (felt just hitting like wasn't enough). 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    gmac said:
    gmac said:
    No just which restroom you plan on using. 
    For the whole time or just "next visit"?  I like to keep my options open. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    gmac said:
    Yes when your famous you can get away with a lot!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    gmac said:
    gmac said:
    Ha!  I was just trying to make a joke. We really didn't talk much of any politics at this event.  Too busy eating!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Looks like a blast.  So cool when you have a get together like that.  Well done folks!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @Jupiter Jim can you publish Kaye's egg casserole recipe?  I'll make that for a weeks worth of breakfast for the boys.  They loved that stuff!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    And if Duke, UNC, and Kentucky fans can get together, Repub, Libtards, Independents, etc. is no problem.
    Lol!  I see what you did there man!
  • thetrim
    Options
    thetrim said:
    And if Duke, UNC, and Kentucky fans can get together, Repub, Libtards, Independents, etc. is no problem.
    Lol!  I see what you did there man!
    All good, bro!  See you in October!!!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    gmac said:
    Speaking of @nolaegghead, he left his black gatsby cap in my car after dropping him off at the airport (the hat he's seen wearing in most pictures).  Since he has celebrity status around here, I am debating on auctioning it off. Any starting bidders?  Bid opens at $5.  ;)
  • thetrim
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    gmac said:
    Speaking of @nolaegghead, he left his black gatsby cap in my car after dropping him off at the airport (the hat he's seen wearing in most pictures).  Since he has celebrity status around here, I am debating on auctioning it off. Any starting bidders?  Bid opens at $5.  ;)
    You might want to get it cleared by the CDC before bring it into your home!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I lost a little spray bottle of vinegar. I came home with a free SV!  What a bargain!
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    gmac said:
    You might want to get it cleared by the CDC before bring it into your home!
    Geesh, didn't think about that. Might be better to just mail it back to him. Lol
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    A couple more.
    @Jupiter JimI was resting after giving lengthy instructions to @bgebrent on brisket cooking!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I bid one bag of 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Dyal_SC
    edited April 2017
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    I bid one bag of 

Bid rejected. I'll stick with Nola's cooties over Cowboy's cooties. Hahahahaha!!!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    YukonRon said:
    A couple more.
    @Jupiter JimI was resting after giving lengthy instructions to @bgebrent on brisket cooking!
    It was fun "staying up all night" with you!  Seriously, nice work with the briskets bro.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @Jupiter Jim can you publish Kaye's egg casserole recipe?  I'll make that for a weeks worth of breakfast for the boys.  They loved that stuff!

DMW said:
    So bummed I couldn't make it this year. Looks like a great time was had. If there is a next year, I'll be there.
    Really? I thought I ate it all by myself. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @JRWhitee helping me with the overnight brisket cook last night. 

The Bourbon Slushies and  Whistle Pig kicked my ass!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    Kit and I had a great time thank you again @tarheelmatt, @JohnInCarolina, @Piney and @Jupiter Jim. It was a fantastic weekend and the after party at @YukonRon, Sue knows how to throw a party! 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Kit and I had a great time thank you again @tarheelmatt, @JohnInCarolina, @Piney and @Jupiter Jim. It was a fantastic weekend and the after party at @YukonRon, Sue knows how to throw a party! 
    It was a lot of fun hanging out with you man.  Really enjoyed it!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @tarheelmatt @JohnInCarolina @piney, thank you so much for another great day of eating, beverageing, and chit talkin. What a great venue and well executed gathering. Might have been one of the most beautiful days of the decade. @YukonRon thank you for the after party and eats. The sammies were off the chart. @Jupiter Jim ....Kay is the best. @Sea2Ski and @YEMTrey it was a pleasure to finally meet. Wish we had had more time to catch up. To all the rest of you in attendance, great seeing you and thanks for your cooks and gift of gab.

Pattie said to pass along her thanks as well. We really appreciate all of you for your food and investment in Colaboration and friendship. I hope you all return home safely. See ya again next year!

Robin
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @tarheelmatt @JohnInCarolina @piney, thank you so much for another great day of eating, beverageing, and chit talkin. What a great venue and well executed gathering. Might have been one of the most beautiful days of the decade. @YukonRon thank you for the after party and eats. The sammies were off the chart. @Jupiter Jim ....Kay is the best. @Sea2Ski and @YEMTrey it was a pleasure to finally meet. Wish we had had more time to catch up. To all the rest of you in attendance, great seeing you and thanks for your cooks and gift of gab.

Pattie said to pass along her thanks as well. We really appreciate all of you for your food and investment in Colaboration and friendship. I hope you all return home safely. See ya again next year!

Robin
    Thank you Robin!  I'm glad I didn't make the mistake of passing up one of your Bloody Marys this year!
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I outsourced the manual labor this yr. seems like I would have taken more pics. Guess I was too busy drinking. 

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    gmac said:
    Are we bidding on paying you for the hat  or are you paying one of us to take it off your hands.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group