Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spiedie Results

Options
Wise One
Wise One Posts: 2,645
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I finally did my chicken spiedies last night and got rave reviews. I used my packaged State Fair Spiedie Sauce and marinated about 1 1/2 pounds of cut up chicken for 24 hours. I then skewered the pieces onto 8" wooden skewers (7 in all). I set my mini up with a single firebrick and got the temperature to 300 before putting the chicken resting on an 8" piepan on top of the brick. I let it cook for about 30 minutes with the temperature ranging between 300-325. I then served them on sliced french rolls lathered with horseradish sauce and my youngest son wound up eating three of them. We did decide that two skewers of meat in each roll would be preferable (too high of a bread to meat ratio with only one skewer). All the family suggested that this is a keeper. [p]What were other results?

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Wise One, with a post like that, I betcha there is gonna be some comin on soon. I passed those recipes and ideas to my wiffy, and no response, so gotta force the issue soon. Lickin my lips..
    Thanks for the mini cooker report. "CVUSN" will enjoy that one down below.
    C~W[p]

• GWW
    GWW Posts: 43
    Options
    Wise One,
    Good report, I just received my spiedie marinade in the mail yesterday! Cant wait to give it a run, it looks like the marinade is fairly oily was yours? And needs be shaken by a paint shaker machine to get it mixed up well!

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    gww, yes it is oily. I think I may like to try some of the recipes and use a better grade of oil (like 10W-50). I did shake the container quite well and was a little worried that it would settle during the marinade but I was pleasantly surprised to find it well dispersed throughout the meat.