Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Watcher

Options
The Cen-Tex Smoker
The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
edited April 2017 in EggHead Forum
Coop standing watch under the Blackstone as I prepped a few burgers to throw on. He loves the smell of propane. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,044
    Options
    Coop standing watch under the Blackstone as I prepped a few burgers to throw on. He loves the smell of propane. 

Mine does too!  Her favorite is fried rice.  I go all psycho samurai and fling food everywhere.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Is that the pooch that had a sh!t fest a while back after eating a pound of spaghetti or something?

I don't know why or how I remember inane things like that.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    Is that the pooch that had a sh!t fest a while back after eating a pound of spaghetti or something?

Yes. He ate one pound of 100% whole wheat pasta (that is 5lbs cooked). It was not good. At all.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited April 2017
    Options
    We paid a lot of money to the vet for her to tell us "he's probably going to be ok but he's a loaded gun- I wouldn't try to pick him up for a few days"
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hate bills for vet visits just to told, they will probably pass (insert weird item here) without issue.  Just watch'em for a few days.  However, I remind myself it is much better than the alternative.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    You guys are describing me after leaving Chuy's...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    caliking said:

Yes. He ate one pound of 100% whole wheat pasta (that is 5lbs cooked). It was not good. At all.
    Every day I fall farther from the lords light. Why must I read these things?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options

LOL  I have heard that a lot about Chuy's....not my fav Tex Mex.

@ CenTex we had a hound that swiped meat off the plate, unfortunalely he also got pickled jalapeños....Sister is Vet, so no bill,  results about the same. And no one wanted him in the bed for a few nites.  Never seen a dog cry real tears.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

@ CenTex we had a hound that swiped meat off the plate, unfortunalely he also got pickled jalapeños....Sister is Vet, so no bill,  results about the same. And no one wanted him in the bed for a few nites.  Never seen a dog cry real tears.
    That's what he gets!

Cooper will eat anything. About once every three months we have "well, this is probably it" moment with him. He ate an entire Kevlar oven glove that had brisket juice on it a couple of years ago. Balled him up for a week. We know how Coop is going to go, we just don't when. He is going to eat something that leads to his demise one day. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

I like the beer and salsa bar.  Few beers turns Chuy's into great Tex Mex.