Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Second BGE

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A looong time lurker with at most two posts. Anyway, the "usn" in my moniker is key here. It's possible within the next year I'll be a geographic bachelor until kids finish school. The wife and kids would then follow. I'd sure miss having the BGE around. Having it would also solve those boredom periods. Shipping separate from the rest of the household goods is out of the question. Too much of a hassle.[p]I was thinking of buying another BGE, but smaller. I can see using it to entertain other BOQ long-termers on the weekend. To me that means pulled pork and ribs (separate cooks). What are the max amounts for both pulled pork and ribs on the small?[p]Again, this is a planning ahead question. Nothing definite. Thanks.[p]Fair Winds,
Carl

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    cvsusn, your posing a difficult question and since your in "liquid motion" for a period of time size will be important. One of our "mobile" users is TankerTim who is now in Germany. You can get a small 12 lb turkey in the small BGE, and maybe two 4 lb. boston butts. Or similar in pork roasts. Using a rib rack you perhaps can get 4 to 6 baby back ribs stacked in there. I have a small but most of my cooks are on the Large and I use the small for my secondary items, like baked potato, and other side dishes, as well as quick P'chops and steaks and burgers.
    Let us know a bit more about your versatility and needs and maybe we can get a more rounded offering of ideas..
    Happy Q' to ya!
    C~W[p]

• Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 75
    cvsusn,fellow navy bretheren if going OCONUS I feel for your plight. If staying here in bak-oki-shima have homelant/pac give up the egg and take it with you. I know you don't want to leave it to the lowest bidder movers to fool with the "heirloom". Had one KIA coming from Yoko to Oceana.[p]Jeff

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    cvsusn, if what you want to do is to soothe that need to cook for yourself only, you might even consider a mini. I just got one for Christmas and am impressed what the small guy can do. I also pick him up and carry him out to friend's house's to cook every now and then. I can get enough for two or three out of it with no problem. If mobility is a real issue, consider the mini.