Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baltimore Pit Beef

Options
After the first few cooks on my new egg I can officially say I love this thing and am hooked.  Everything has turned out really well, and am eager to keep learning and trying new cooks.  Picked up a sirloin tip roast on sale and decided to make Baltimore pit beef.  I used the amazing ribs recipe that has been shared on the forum before, and was very happy with the results.  Used the rub/injection recipe as listed in the link and cooked indirect at 230 until internal temp of 115, then seared until 125.  My sando had sliced onions with the tiger sauce(mayo and horseradish), also made up a quick au jus as a topping for my wife. Will definitely be making this again, thanks for looking.  

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/baltimore_pit_beef.html

L BGE
Paoli, PA

Instagram

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    That looks great- need to try this one.

Greensboro, NC
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I'm surprised you had the power to take a picture. That thing would have been long gone before I had a chance to take a picture!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • BJM2932
    BJM2932 Posts: 119
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I'm surprised you had the power to take a picture. That thing would have been long gone before I had a chance to take a picture!
    Right after taking the picture my wife commented there was a cell phone shadow, however the sandwich had almost magically disappeared at that point.  
    L BGE
    Paoli, PA

Instagram