Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yep, they were really tasty

Options

We picked up New Zealand lamb chops at Costco today. Froze have of the rack and cooked 4. I was going to do something fancy with herbs but I ran across a Serious Eats recipe of just salting for 40 minutes before going on the grill. Kenji has never let me down, so we decided to go real simple. 
I am not a big fan of NZ lamb chop, I prefer the spring lambs of Texas or CO, but these were some of the best chops I have ever cooked...And very very much cheaper than local chops.  
I turned the chops every 3 minutes and cooked on the coolest part of grate. Kept heat concentrated to center of the small. When temp read 125 moved the chops over the heat and finished cooking. Pulled at 138 meat was juicy and very tender. Served with a herbed browned butter pasta.

only picture I took:

Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments