Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Official NC Butt Blast 2017 Thread - April 22, 2017

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @bgebrent -  Great move on all fronts (cept UPS) right there.  Will be quite interested in your thaw process.  As you know, they come out of the box fully frozen.  Better to be lucky than good any day.  Enjoy the banquet.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    @Eggcelsior's wife sent me a pic of him getting into the "mood" to make his Pit Beef:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent -  Great move on all fronts (cept UPS) right there.  Will be quite interested in your thaw process.  As you know, they come out of the box fully frozen.  Better to be lucky than good any day.  Enjoy the banquet.
    Ya Cap, it will be frozen solid.  Prolly bend a rule or three getting it thawed ;).  Cold water after sitting out some on the ride will work.  Thank you sir.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Got a big batch of SV cabbage for one of my dishes. 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    bgebrent said:
    Today we made a boat load of burger bites, wing sauce and pasta salad.  Big shout out to SRF and Annella @SRFANNELLA.  UPS was supposed to be bringing the black briskets to be delivered today.  At 4:30 I was getting nervous so I tracked and found out there was an updated delivery....tomorrow afternoon!!  After a few choice words, I picked up the phone and called Annella.  She is golden!!  She looked into and found out tomorrow afternoon was the best UPS could do.
    So, she overnight express shipped 2 more Black briskets to arrive at 0900!!!  Woooooo!!  And at no charge to me!  I offered to pay for the product but she said nope, it's on us so we'll cover it.  In this day of customer no service, this was above and beyond.  MONSTER KUDOS TO SRF AND ANNELLA.  If UPS gets this one right, the brisket will be on the smoker tomorrow night.  See you hooligans tomorrow.
    It all sound great, safe travels and we will see youins tomorrow! J, K, & EJ too :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• tarheelmatt
    bgebrent said:
    Today we made a boat load of burger bites, wing sauce and pasta salad.  Big shout out to SRF and Annella @SRFANNELLA.  UPS was supposed to be bringing the black briskets to be delivered today.  At 4:30 I was getting nervous so I tracked and found out there was an updated delivery....tomorrow afternoon!!  After a few choice words, I picked up the phone and called Annella.  She is golden!!  She looked into and found out tomorrow afternoon was the best UPS could do.
    So, she overnight express shipped 2 more Black briskets to arrive at 0900!!!  Woooooo!!  And at no charge to me!  I offered to pay for the product but she said nope, it's on us so we'll cover it.  In this day of customer no service, this was above and beyond.  MONSTER KUDOS TO SRF AND ANNELLA.  If UPS gets this one right, the brisket will be on the smoker tomorrow night.  See you hooligans tomorrow.
    Pretty good. Wished we would have got in touch with her after Shane left. He had indicated he would provide some items to Butt Blast. Soooo... We'll just take one of your briskets!
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

Pit beef(1 of 2) seasoned up.

Go time!

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Man oh man, only 10 miles from my house and I'm going to miss it.   Next year for sure!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Fantastic news about the briskets!!!  

Well, I have the cooler pre-cooling overnight with 20 lbs of ice, chopped up 8 bulbs of garlic and did a bunch of other prep. Also have 10 dozen eggs unspoken for.  Car is packed, alarm is set, and all I have to do is load the cooler and start driving.

Looking forward to meeting you all in person.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Just finished tenderizing the Gator bites with a Jaccard, now there soaking in buttermilk over night and will be breaded in the AM. Will get the BBQ shrimp ready tomorrow and bake an apple cake too. 

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    @Sea2Ski agreed! Camper is in the driveway, waiting on go. Should be a fun weekend meeting everyone!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited April 2017
    Along with the Bourbon slushies these should help us through the weekend.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:
    Ya Cap, it will be frozen solid.  Prolly bend a rule or three getting it thawed ;).  Cold water after sitting out some on the ride will work.  Thank you sir.
    Just pull a Clark.....  Tie her to the top of the car on your ride over. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Car is all packed and ready to roll in the morning.  Safe travels everyone!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Leaving after school tomorrow. Teen is sick. Hope he recovers so he doesn't make us all sick in the car. Be sat before we see you guys. Long drive. 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Leaving after school tomorrow. Teen is sick. Hope he recovers so he doesn't make us all sick in the car. Be sat before we see you guys. Long drive. 

Take your time.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • theyolksonyou

Take your time.
    Count on it.  I'm a quick learner. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Just got here. 7hr 35 mins.
    Bourbon slushies made the trip, as did the vanilla infused EW, Maker's Cask Strength, and a case of wine.
    Ready for you Cowboys and Cowgirls.
    Saddle Up. Shid has just started getting real.
    See you Tomorrow.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent

Take your time.
    Count on it.  I'm a quick learner. 
    And a "quick" driver. =)
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I like to live dangerously. Decided at 9pm was I was going to make. Just got back from the G store. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Was planning on doing prep work tonight. Had a make up game fromTuesday. Decided I'll take tomorrow off and prep while the kids get educated. Tonight I'll just prep (prime) my liver. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Was planning on doing prep work tonight. Had a make up game fromTuesday. Decided I'll take tomorrow off and prep while the kids get educated. Tonight I'll just prep (prime) my liver. 
    You all are craftsmen. I am a caveman. Meat, fire. Serve.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tarheelmatt
    Eggs and BS is on the trailer. 

Cabbage is done in the SV.
    Avacado crema done.
    Slaw sauce is done.
    Bbq sauce is done. 

Need to chop some stuff but I'm thinking I'll just finish tomorrow.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Chipotle bbq sauce done
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    Still sitting on my arse drinking....
  • bgebrent
    Chipotle bbq sauce done
    Worn out from all the prep as is N.  Bet you are too.  Will be an epic round 2 brother.  Don't forget the weed burner to get John's MM recognizable.
  • theyolksonyou
    bgebrent said:
    Chipotle bbq sauce done
    Worn out from all the prep as is N.  Bet you are too.  Will be an epic round 2 brother.  Don't forget the weed burner to get John's MM recognizable.
    Must've been a hard day shopping and watching her prep. Rest well, grasshopper. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent said:
    Chipotle bbq sauce done
    I hope your son infects you while getting another ticket.
  • theyolksonyou
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    Chipotle bbq sauce done
    A$$hole
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    Chipotle bbq sauce done
    A$$hole
    He certainly is.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker