Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Dredger said:
    Dang, @Dyal_SC, sorry to hear about Sassy. So glad she's recovering. I despise snakes of almost any kind, especially poisonous ones. That being said, who doesn't have at least one $1500 pet from vet bills? I thought that was mandatory. 
    You can add another zero for me. 
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    I hear ya @DoubleEgger, they're expensive, but worth it. Heck, our vet even calls to check up on ours after a vet visit. They get better care than we do, lol. Just curious, what did your pet have that warranted a bill like that? We did have one that was close to the $3,000 mark.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Leftovers Brunch.

Days old, day old french bread.
    Expired La Quercia nduja.
    Cold smoked Ballyshannon and sharp cheddar.
    One ernyin out of a batch sprouting and rotting, outer layer was black, rest of it was still good.
    Expired Calabrians.
    A little bit of Mike's Hot honey.

Between the firepimp cane and new High Que, was up to 350 in a hurry, and a good Duke's seasoning for the Griswold.  Toasted one side, topped, then back on to toast the other side and melt.
    Takes those Stouffer's french bread pizzas to another level.  Not bad, with throw away groceries.  Pics weren't even cropped. 

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DoubleEgger
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Dredger said:
    I hear ya @DoubleEgger, they're expensive, but worth it. Heck, our vet even calls to check up on ours after a vet visit. They get better care than we do, lol. Just curious, what did your pet have that warranted a bill like that? We did have one that was close to the $3,000 mark.
    I had a German Shorthair that had kidney failure at 5 1/2 yrs old. I had about six months of vet bills. I never added up all of the bills because I didn't want to know nor cared. I'm sure I was at the threshold mentioned above. I'd do it again without question. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    Dredger said:
    I had a German Shorthair that had kidney failure at 5 1/2 yrs old. I had about six months of vet bills. I never added up all of the bills because I didn't want to know nor cared. I'm sure I was at the threshold mentioned above. I'd do it again without question. 

same here with a britt with the kidney failure, pretty sure it was the petco/purina dehydrated duck treats i was giving him. no treats for my current britt unless its something im eating
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Same here @fishlessman. He got sick during a big outbreak of tainted food years ago. His food was never on the list (Pro Plan) but I suspect it was something food/treat related. 
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    I'd do it again without question.

Same here. Doesn't matter how long you've had them. They're still family.

Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Dredger said:

I agree. I love animals of all kind. I do believe that there is a point if their quality of life is not good, you have to make the hard decision. I have put several down due to age, which very difficult.

About 7 years ago, I had to put down another dog (American Bull) due to a second vicious attack on neighbors (two different) dogs within two weeks of each other. I would have let a toddler play with that dog he was so gentle with people. However, when it came to a couple of little yapper dogs, mine did not take a like-in to them. A expensive vet bill and an insurance claim, led to this tough decision. My mom passed away a few months later. She had lived to be 90 and had a great quality of life up until the week before she passed. As strange as this sounds, my mom lived a great life and i was at peace with her passing. Putting my dog down under the circumstances, was much harder to do. I know this sounds wrong, as I do not value the life of a dog more than one of a parent. They were both members of my family....and miss the both daily.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Uhhh, I think you mean gentle. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Focker said:
    Leftovers Brunch.

Days old, day old french bread.
    Expired La Quercia nduja.
    Cold smoked Ballyshannon and sharp cheddar.
    One ernyin out of a batch sprouting and rotting, outer layer was black, rest of it was still good.
    Expired Calabrians.
    A little bit of Mike's Hot honey.

Between the firepimp cane and new High Que, was up to 350 in a hurry, and a good Duke's seasoning for the Griswold.  Toasted one side, topped, then back on to toast the other side and melt.
    Takes those Stouffer's french bread pizzas to another level.  Not bad, with throw away groceries.  Pics weren't even cropped. 

Are you in need of a domestic? My apps in the mail. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Dredger said:

I agree. I love animals of all kind. I do believe that there is a point if their quality of life is not good, you have to make the hard decision. I have put several down due to age, which very difficult.

About 7 years ago, I had to put down another dog (American Bull) due to a second vicious attack on neighbors (two different) dogs within two weeks of each other. I would have let a toddler play with that dog he was so gentle with people. However, when it came to a couple of little yapper dogs, mine did not take a like-in to them. A expensive vet bill and an insurance claim, led to this tough decision. My mom passed away a few months later. She had lived to be 90 and had a great quality of life up until the week before she passed. As strange as this sounds, my mom lived a great life and i was at peace with her passing. Putting my dog down under the circumstances, was much harder to do. I know this sounds wrong, as I do not value the life of a dog more than one of a parent. They were both members of my family....and miss the both daily.
    I get it. Totally. When my mother passed it was a blessing. Two very difficult things for different reasons. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,486
    Options
    gmac said:
    Checking in after a couple hundred pages unread. Not gonna go back. Gonna look to the future and the next 600 pages. 
    Oooh, you missed the "big thing"!!!  :tongue:

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Decided to try a filet on the Blackstone last night due to rain. Was not disappointed...  

Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Got the boat back from the detailer and splashed her for the first time this year. In the slip now and ready to roll. 

Can't hide money.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Decided to try a filet on the Blackstone last night due to rain. Was not disappointed...  

Nice man!  I've yet to tee up the BS for a steak cook.  That's gonna change.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I do the same for Snoop Dog. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Writing Job Postings.  :frowning:
    Not the most fun I have had.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,486
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I do the same for Snoop Dog. 
    After seeing him on Larry King Live, I think Snoop prefers chicken & waffles.   =)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @fishlessman -  true classic right there.  Great restoration work.  Time for a road trip.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Watching Roadkill on netflix.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Options
    Firing up the XL. 

XL BGE
    MD
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Valentina's, breakfast of champions.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @Legume -  enjoy that banquet.  Just need a cold beer to round out a true breakfast of champions start.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.