Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Official NC Butt Blast 2017 Thread - April 22, 2017

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,943
    Options
    DMW said:
    That entire thread is awesome.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    So looking forward to this.   :)  
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    DMW said:
    That was fun looking back at those pictures. Travel safe....see ya in a few days.
    Yep, nice stroll down memory lane. Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be there this year. As I mentioned before, I hate myself for this.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    That was fun looking back at those pictures. Travel safe....see ya in a few days.
    Yep, nice stroll down memory lane. Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be there this year. As I mentioned before, I hate myself for this.
    Boooooooo
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Someone just had to put their career first.... 

Image result for napoleon dynamite meme
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Bummer for sure.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Dwayne, you will be missed!!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    Friends from an Internet forum...
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    What happens at Butt Blast...
  • DMW
    Options
    What happens at Butt Blast...
    Ends up in a photo documentary on a grill forum.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    My plans have changed for BB this weekend as well. For the better!  My 22yr old son decided he wants to go with me.  I apologize for the late notice, but @JohnInCarolina , @tarheelmatt , and @piney , I'll be a +1.

This has made an event that I was already too excited for even worse.  I can't wait for this father/son road trip and to spend the weekend with him, and y'all. I'm so excited I can't put it into words.  These are what lifetime memories are made of. Here's to a great weekend my friends.  Cheers!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    My plans have changed for BB this weekend as well. For the better!  My 22yr old son decided he wants to go with me.  I apologize for the late notice, but @JohnInCarolina , @tarheelmatt , and @piney , I'll be a +1.

This has made an event that I was already too excited for even worse.  I can't wait for this father/son road trip and to spend the weekend with him, and y'all. I'm so excited I can't put it into words.  These are what lifetime memories are made of. Here's to a great weekend my friends.  Cheers!
    Awesome. Not sure why you're apologizing. This is a really low key, laid back deal. Just bring your appetite. 
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    I'm already uncomfortable with everybody cooking and supplying the food.  I'm bringing beer and snacks to share, but it just ain't the same.  Now I'm adding another person.
    I'd be fine bringing my Mini Max and cooking/supplying my own food all weekend.  I just want to hangout/meet all you and have a good time.
    Steve 

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Some beer the wife bought just went in the fridge to start getting cold. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DMW
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Some beer the wife bought just went in the fridge to start getting cold. 
    I enjoyed a DirtWolf earlier tonight, nice selection you're bringing right there.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• YEMTrey
    Options
    That'll get you through the weekend.
    Steve 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @YEMTrey in case you haven't been, DEFINITELY make a segue to Asheville and cruise the Blue Ridge Pkwy a bit. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    In addition, I'm going to stick up on some Maryland beers tomorrow. 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Someone needs to keep a video camera on @nolaegghead all weekend in case he vomits up someone's balls again. So bummed that we didn't get that on video from Brisket Camp. All you farkers have a great time. I will be there next year since no Spring outage. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Dwayne?  I missed that notification.  Tell me it isn't true.  Got another bottle of Buffalo Trace...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bgebrent
    Options
    In remembrance of Dwayne's epic pass out in the sling chair with the Buffalo Trace I gave him, I'll bring a bottle of Buffalo Trace for the next qualifier.  Tough criteria.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    When is this?
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • bgebrent
    edited April 2017
    Options
    gmac said:
    When is this?
    This friday and saturday.  Long flight but we'd sure enjoy your company.
  • RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

You will love this. I took my son last year. He was 4 months old. We had a blast. He and his mom are mad we can't go this year! I promised them we'd go next year. 
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    That'll get you through the weekend.
    Not me! Well, okay maybe I will have a few. We got them to share for others who may not have access to their beer and want to try some.  All are welcome to partake as long as they last.

@DMW I remember you stating you liked dirt wolf last year sometime, so I told my wife to make sure she got a few of those since I thought you were going to be there.  Sorry you can not make it. 

Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I reminded, again, my office staff that I'd be out Friday afternoon this morning. My receptionist asked, "So your taking your camper, and family  to a campground in North Carolina, to meet a bunch of people from an Internet forum?"

No way I was telling her the name of this fest.

No way. 

:o 
    Chicken! :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Admit it, you guys were worried what I was going to post for number two.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I reminded, again, my office staff that I'd be out Friday afternoon this morning. My receptionist asked, "So your taking your camper, and family  to a campground in North Carolina, to meet a bunch of people from an Internet forum?"

No way I was telling her the name of this fest.

No way. 

:o 
    Chicken! :)
    The world will seem a better place once you finally have self realization. There is no shame in coming out. You are a confident male Big Green Egger. Chances are your friends, family and coworkers already know it. It is time to tell the everyone you are a cooker. Quit punishing yourself for your inclinations, there are others like you. Be Green, be proud.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky