Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    seems a shame not to eat it ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    when my last dog got nipped on the nose he couldnt walk past the area without spooking and jumping 4 foot in the air spinning around to see if that snake was still there. never forgot that =)
    fukahwee maine

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    In a hotel at the edge of the M in Minneapolis.  We ate Sunday at the Happy Gnome, Monday at Holyland Deli and the Butcher and Boar, and today at Pho 79 and Surly brewery.   Good stuff.  I love this city.  Too bad SWMBO hates the cold or I'd probably move to the home office.
    My buddy is a huge Surly fan....good stuff.
    Have fun.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Pleased with Smokeware.

Minor issue with my latest order.  Matt made it right, no questions asked.

I recommend buying stuff from these guys.  Show some love.  They are a quality outfit.

Phoenix 
  • Focker
    edited April 2017
    My "Get off your a $$ and do one thing constructive during a hangover" project today...pounding one nail. Lol
    We ended up going to the Lionstone brewery in Geneseo, IL.  Followed up with La Roma's tacos.  Then back to Sports Fans in Bettendorf, IA.  Fun filled road trip in the 740i Sport, payed for it today.  I earned that damn tin tacker.  =)

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Just wrapped up my BBQ judging competition. I'm fairly certain I turn out better ribs/chicken/pulled pork. My brisket needs work. Definitely two briskets that were Franklin inspired. Here is my take home container from my samples. :) 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Focker said:
    My "Get off your a $$ and do one thing constructive during a hangover" project today...pounding one nail. Lol
    We ended up going to the Lionstone brewery in Geneseo, IL.  Followed up with La Roma's tacos.  Then back to Sports Fans in Bettendorf, IA.  Fun filled road trip in the 740i Sport, payed for it today.  I earned that damn tin tacker.  =)

I heard the brewery in Geneseo had decent food. Did you sample any?
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Dyal_SC said:
    Still pouting over a $1,500 emergency vet payment. Baby copperhead popped my beagle on the nose. Sassy is doing fine though. The antivenin treatment fixed her right up. 

That is a good snake in my book. DEAD
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Focker
    edited April 2017
    Focker said:9

I heard the brewery in Geneseo had decent food. Did you sample any?
    No, we didn't grub there Pete, but the place is super nice, and fresh with the white tile bar.  Brew was good.  I will be back.  Cool stickers for a buck.  Green Tree in LeClaire was fantastic, worth a look too bud.  Mississippi Distillery is next door too.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,127
    Dyal_SC said:
    Still pouting over a $1,500 emergency vet payment. Baby copperhead popped my beagle on the nose. Sassy is doing fine though. The antivenin treatment fixed her right up. 

That is a good snake in my book. DEAD
    Yup. This would be me if I saw that snake. 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    This would be me. 

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    @Dyal_SC we had 7 snake bite victims this past Sunday alone 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    DuckDogDr said:
    @DuckDogDr , that's what the local ER vet told us too. They have been seeing a bunch of snake bites as well.  I treated the frick outta my yard with snake repellent.  Hopefully it works. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Dyal_SC said:
    DuckDogDr said:
    @DuckDogDr , that's what the local ER vet told us too. They have been seeing a bunch of snake bites as well.  I treated the frick outta my yard with snake repellent.  Hopefully it works. 
    What exactly is snake repellent? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Dyal_SC said:
    DuckDogDr said:
    I dunno. That's what the bags said though. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,127
    Dyal_SC said:
    DuckDogDr said:
    It is exactly this. 
    http://tricountypestco.com/MSDS/Snake-A-WayMSDS.pdf

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    I love this city.  Too bad SWMBO hates the cold or I'd probably move to the home office.
    You've got mosquitoes in nawlins.  But you do NOT have mosquitoes like the Twin Cities!  Gas personnel at the airport have to check to make sure they're refueling an airplane, not a damn mosquito.  
    After that, yeah, M/SP is a fantastic metro area!  (I grew up in Sioux Falls, which (thanks to Sanford Medical) is becoming cutting-edge in its own right).  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Dyal_SC said:

A few years ago, I went out our front door to take my son to a movie. I turned around as my wife opened the door to say bye. As I turned around there was a baby copperhead coiled up under the threshold. Stepped right over it. I nearly sh!t myself and hollered for my wife to get back into the house. I chopped that damn thing into three pieces. I hate snakes with a passion. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Checking in after a couple hundred pages unread. Not gonna go back. Gonna look to the future and the next 600 pages. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Dyal_SC said:

Sorry to hear she was bit but really, her name is Sassy?   I had a beagle when I was a kid that we named Sassy. Wow. What a blast from the past. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Settling in at the lake.  Nichole already started cooking today.  Big day in the kitchen tomorrow.  SRF package arriving tomorrow that will continue wet age.  Just have to run to Fergusons tomorrow for wings and a "brief" stop at the local liquor store.  Bourbon is on the menu.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Focker
    bgebrent said:
    Settling in at the lake.  Nichole already started cooking today.  Big day in the kitchen tomorrow.  SRF package arriving tomorrow that will continue wet age.  Just have to run to Fergusons tomorrow for wings and a "brief" stop at the local liquor store.  Bourbon is on the menu.
    Sounds good, enjoy every minute of it. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited April 2017
    @Battleborn had a closer call about 2 years ago.. I'll have to find the pics (on my old phone)..

got it home from work late and went to get the dogs... Rolled the latch on their gate .. Felt something graze my hand .. Instinctively dropped my hand and jumped back... There was a 3 foot copperhead wrapped in the gate subsequently striking at my chest ...

hard rd to believe it but my sphincters worked .. 
    Had to hang a new gate door the next day  :|

still don't see how he missed 

The the next summer I wasn't quite so lucky .. Bad morning after July the 4th

• bgebrent
    Focker said:
    bgebrent said:
    Sounds good, enjoy every minute of it. 
    Brandon, one day you should join us.  It is a butt blast full of fun and great times meeting fellow eggers.  
  • fishlessman
    pretty glad we dont have this snake problem here, when i was a kid i caught a timber rattler, the men in green from the state found out and took it away. only one ive ever seen up here. lots of mean water snakes but they arent poisonous
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    @bgebrent-  Rock solid SRF arriving today means you're gonna have to push the thaw plan to have it ready to go by Fri night/Sat AM.  But definitely worth it.  Just have fun and try to behave at BB.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    Sautéed onions for burger bites. 

• bgebrent

lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent-  Rock solid SRF arriving today means you're gonna have to push the thaw plan to have it ready to go by Fri night/Sat AM.  But definitely worth it.  Just have fun and try to behave at BB.  
    Thanks Cap!  I'll try...
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Dang, @Dyal_SC, sorry to hear about Sassy. So glad she's recovering. I despise snakes of almost any kind, especially poisonous ones. That being said, who doesn't have at least one $1500 pet from vet bills? I thought that was mandatory. 
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC