Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

More on cookware in the Egg

dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did a little shopping/browsing today. Found Le Creuset 3.5qt and 7.25 qt cast iron enamel pots a Tuesday Mornings for 99 and 149, very pricey but as cheap as I can recall seeing them. I found Trivoli stainless steal at another similar store for 29.99, obviously much nicer on the wallet. At that store I picked up two stoneware porcelin coated bakeware dishes for less than 10 bucks. They has some Le Creuset stoneware that was smaller at 15 each there as well. I also found a KitchenAid Hi-Density Hard Anodized Clad 13-Inch Brasier with Lid for 59.99 that looked promising.[p]The stoneware should do the trick but the size is a bit limiting and shallow for some things so I'm thinking of something along the lines of the Le Creuset or other metal pot. The kitchenAid brasier said the handles were safe to 500 degrees which should be plenty. I'd guess the Trivoli would be similar. [p]Anyone have experience with metal pots on the egg besides cast iron?

Comments