Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoking Wood - Bourbon Barrel Smoking Chunks

Options
Has anyone used this before? Sounds extremely intriguing to buy to test out the smoke flavor. Especially for a long time bourbon consumer. 

https://www.amazon.com/CharcoalStore-Bourbon-Barrel-Smoking-Chunks/dp/B00OBPPTS8/ref=wl_mb_wl_huc_mrai_3_dp
Franklin, Tn
LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

Comments

• Meeeshigan22
    Options
    Bought some from Fruita a couple years back, it's unique. I like it well enough and happy to have tried it but generally prefer other options for beef.
    Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    I have and that's a great price. Nothing but steaks so far. Definitely taste forward, moreso than any other smoke I've used. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I have tried the Jack Daniels brand chips. They were a little strong for my taste. I prefer the smoke flavor of regular oak chips. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,353
    Options
    Every time I used to order from Firecraft I would add a bag of the Jack Daniel's Chunks-not available any more.  I expect to run out of the chunks in a few more cooks but Academy has the JD chips for a great price.  Many of those in my inventory.  Use them with brisket cooks as my feeble attempt to get the oak smoke.  I'm sure they will do you well.  May have to go that route in the future.  
    Thanks for the link @TN_Sister_State .
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TN_Sister_State
    Options
    I like trying new wood types just to play with. Thanks for the post.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie