Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Official NC Butt Blast 2017 Thread - April 22, 2017

Options

Comments

• JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    Looking to get some boneless skin less chicken thighs when I arrive in the area. Maybe 10 plus pounds. Anyone have advise for a location to get good quality. Traveling from up north.
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    97% all four of us yahoos will be there. Not sure what I'm cooking beyond breakfast sammiches   
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    97% all four of us yahoos will be there. Not sure what I'm cooking beyond breakfast sammiches   
    Also, some one is bringing a griddle, right?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I need to get a game plan together. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    If the *only* thing you end up cooking are those breakfast sammiches, brother, you will have done your duty.  

Don't know if anyone is planning on bringing a griddle yet.  We'll ask around. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Ok. Tri tips will be on Friday night. Sliced, they make good finger food.  Any and all is welcome to stop by or we can migrate wherever. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    If the *only* thing you end up cooking are those breakfast sammiches, brother, you will have done your duty.  

Don't know if anyone is planning on bringing a griddle yet.  We'll ask around. 
    Not ideal, but worse comes to worse, I can bring mine. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I can bring a griddle, if we can talk Jason into cooking breakfast. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    JMCXL said:
    Looking to get some boneless skin less chicken thighs when I arrive in the area. Maybe 10 plus pounds. Anyone have advise for a location to get good quality. Traveling from up north.
    Look up Shuler Meats in Thomasville,  right off business 85. They're on Facebook and post their ad. They have good general meats. Nothing prime grade at all. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    The White's and the Dyal's are staying in the campground so we are in.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    @theyolksonyou will have the BS. 

@Jeremiah the pland is to have a gathering Friday.

Last year everyone stood around and watched some hacks try to put a tent up. 

I'm planning to cook up something that night. Maybe some cheesy potatoes for side and not figured the meat I'll cook. 

Thinking of gathering around the cabins, possibly.  Appears they are all filled with Butt Blasters. Our site is just around the corner. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DoubleEgger
    edited April 2017
    Options
    JMCXL said:
    Look up Shuler Meats in Thomasville,  right off business 85. They're on Facebook and post their ad. They have good general meats. Nothing prime grade at all. 
    Check for Whole Foods or Fresh Market in Greensboro/Winston Salem or Charlotte on your way. They'll have air chilled chicken. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I like my chicken water cooled. 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    I'll probably make one of these cakes...

Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Trying to kill the thread Matt? Lol. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Is there any planned activities for Friday night? We were thinking about grabbing a couple tri tips with an open invite around the campground?
    Sounds great man!  We don't have any firm plans - I think like last year we'll probably all gather around one of the sites (look for @bgebrent duct taped to a tree and screaming) and hang out, partake in some adult beverages, etc.  
    You said you were going to gag him so the duct taping wouldn't draw attention to us. I don't know if I can trust you anymore, John.
    Options
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina, feelin the love brother, feelin the love.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    will there be an after party beyond 3pm?
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Uh, yeah.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options

YukonRon said:
    johnnyp said:
    Uh, yeah.

Great!  I'll bring a cooler, but need to find someone to bring some $$$ to as reparations for showing up empty-handed on the food front. 

Also, @yukonron what's your bourbon of choice.  I'll help restock you, because I plan on depleting your slushy stash.

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • bgebrent
    Options
    johnnyp said:

YukonRon said:
    johnnyp said:
    Uh, yeah.

Great!  I'll bring a cooler, but need to find someone to bring some $$$ to as reparations for showing up empty-handed on the food front. 

Also, @yukonron what's your bourbon of choice.  I'll help restock you, because I plan on depleting your slushy stash.

If you wish to contribute,that's mighty fine of you.  It's also not necessary for you to join us.  You'll have no problem finding Matt, John or Gary.  They are the three hooligans who started all this.  See ya there.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    I am not sure that "party" completely covers the range of activities that will commence after the "official" event is over.  

It is closer to a "bacchanal".  You've been warned.    
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Duct taped to a tree....wow Brent. Who will cook? Oh never-mind....Nicole will be there.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    johnnyp said:

YukonRon said:
    johnnyp said:
    Uh, yeah.

No need to do so, but thank you for the kind gesture. I have more than I can drink stashed away right now. Just have fun and be safe.
    Looking forward to seeing you at the NCBB.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Duct taped to a tree....wow Brent. Who will cook? Oh never-mind....Nicole will be there.
    Hell, she'll probably supply some duct tape.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    johnnyp said:

YukonRon said:
    johnnyp said:
    Uh, yeah.

No need to do so, but thank you for the kind gesture. I have more than I can drink stashed away right now. Just have fun and be safe.
    @YukonRon    Ron.....been busy lately and not focused on my forum reading....how did the doctor visit go?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    johnnyp said:

YukonRon said:
    johnnyp said:
    Uh, yeah.

@YukonRon    Ron.....been busy lately and not focused on my forum reading....how did the doctor visit go?
    He fell and injured his suspensory ligament. He just needs to lay off the third leg for a while.
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited April 2017
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    johnnyp said:

YukonRon said:
    johnnyp said:
    Uh, yeah.

The key phrase being, of course, "right now".  ;)
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    johnnyp said:

YukonRon said:
    johnnyp said:
    Uh, yeah.

Pappy