Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Pulled a Dustin Johnson at 3am and fell down the stairs while getting some water. Not my best week...
    I feel for you Michael, I fell while hiking in the Gorge, shredded my knee, going to see a surgeon Monday. Had to hike out 1.5 miles on it. Not a great day at all. Hope you are ok.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Dang @DoubleEgger, hope all is well!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Pulled a Dustin Johnson at 3am and fell down the stairs while getting some water. Not my best week...
    I feel for you Michael, I fell while hiking in the Gorge, shredded my knee, going to see a surgeon Monday. Had to hike out 1.5 miles on it. Not a great day at all. Hope you are ok.
    Hoping you get a good diagnosis @YukonRon
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I'm a little concerned on this one. Normally, I just rub some dirt on it, and go on. Can't do it this time. Ah, heck, it is still attached, so I got that one going for me.......

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,041
    Options
    Wedding....

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Cleaned up my input-nothing of value to offer at this time related to @Ozzie_Isaac and his evening. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac tried to find a super troopers Farva "open bar dude" gif to no avail, hope you're having fun!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @YukonRon -  You are way too experienced and skilled.  I hope that you get thru this with minimal impact.  But as you are aware the friggin knee does not lend itself to simple fixes once you get past a certain point.  Hopefully the ability to get to the end of the hike is a positive.  Best of luck with the DR.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Please send a prayer out to the brisket gods for me tonight. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Open bar = exit velocity
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Prayer sent although that could be a negative receipt... however, no worries-you've got this.  I would cut a slice off the flat perpendicular to the flat grain before you create the meteorite so you know the slice direction once you nail the finish.  Then just sit back, relax and trust the feel to bring it home.  Above all, enjoy the cook and follow-on eats.
  • saluki2007
    Options
    Thanks Lou. I usually try and reference the "pre-picture" for the grain direction for slicing. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lousubcap
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Given it is now April 9th (EDT) I am reminded of and beginning the celebration of a great day some 38 years ago.  It is particularly significant to me as I am a big believer in the Leroy "Satchel" Paige pearl of wisdom, "Don't look back as something might be gainin' on ya."  Thus the exception-all is good.  
  • YukonRon
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @YukonRon -  You are way too experienced and skilled.  I hope that you get thru this with minimal impact.  But as you are aware the friggin knee does not lend itself to simple fixes once you get past a certain point.  Hopefully the ability to get to the end of the hike is a positive.  Best of luck with the DR.
    @lousubcap true on the passing a certain point.
    No matter what they do it is never good as new. But, I just need to be able to carry a backpack, for hopefully, a few more years. Kilimanjaro was my next, might have to push back a year or so.....
    See what happens Monday.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    edited April 2017
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Given it is now April 9th (EDT) I am reminded of and beginning the celebration of a great day some 38 years ago.  It is particularly significant to me as I am a big believer in the Leroy "Stachel" Paige pearl of wisdom, "Don't look back as something might be gainin' on ya."  Thus the exception-all is good.  
    @lousubcap Curious. Do not wish to be intrusive, what was the great day?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Hitting moon orbit
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @YukonRon - I hate to use the phrase "Trust me." But in this case it is best left in that space- a reunion of sorts that exceeded all expectations.  And by posting (slightly bourbon infused) I opened the options for the inquiry so no worries.  
    Just ice and bourbon for the knee on the weekend and again good luck with the Dr's.  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac -  great moon shot right there.  You can sling-shot out of that one back to LEO and a quiet landing if your retro engines are willing and able.  Otherwise, I'll see ya on the dark side.  
  • YukonRon
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @YukonRon - I hate to use the phrase "Trust me." But in this case it is best left in that space- a reunion of sorts that exceeded all expectations.  And by posting (slightly bourbon infused) I opened the options for the inquiry so no worries.  
    Just ice and bourbon for the knee on the weekend and again good luck with the Dr's.  
    And trust it will be. I got a ice machine that circulates cold water through a pad, from a previous surgery, in which therapy followed. I have been using it.
    It has significantly reduced the swelling. Bourbon and Bordeaux for me until Monday.
    Humiliating as it is, My Beautiful Wife raised ten kinds of heck, made the appointment, and has vowed to drag me there, live or dead.
    That was a "Yes Dear" moment.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Have a good friend that unfortunately has too much of the circulating cooler/water experience as well.  Hopefully it will go well Monday.  But all macho man tendencies aside, listen to your Beautiful Wife and the Drs.  You will be better served in the long-run.  And with that bit of insight I am outta here til later in the AM.
  • saluki2007
    Options
    Damn....I wish I was 21
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2017
    Options
    YukonRon said:8
    lousubcap said:
    And trust it will be. I got a ice machine that circulates cold water through a pad, from a previous surgery, in which therapy followed. I have been using it.
    It has significantly reduced the swelling. Bourbon and Bordeaux for me until Monday.
    Humiliating as it is, My Beautiful Wife raised ten kinds of heck, made the appointment, and has vowed to drag me there, live or dead.
    That was a "Yes Dear" moment.
    Thank God for uber.  Just crashed into Mars.  Retro engines failed.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    And dog pissed in the sheets.  WTH.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Editing photos while waiting for Walgreens to open. Need to get anew smoke detector battery, it started beeping overnight.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• YukonRon
    Options
    And dog pissed in the sheets.  WTH.
    Just when you think you are having a bad day, somebody always has you beat.
    Sorry about the retro engines, and, well, the unfortunate incident with the dog, @Ozzie_Isaac

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    A few chicken legs left over from last night to make an omlette for lunch.

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    A good morning laugh to start things off, only in Texas.  =)

https://youtu.be/kzlg3oQMze4
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Focker said:

Not really. Here's your neck of the woods 
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1pgm8I0B8bY

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    @YukonRon sorry to hear about you fall. Good luck with Dr on Monday.... listen to your wife.....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Focker said:

Not really. Here's your neck of the woods 
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1pgm8I0B8bY

Let me make one thing clear, Chicago is not "my neck of the woods".  I don't consider Cook County a part of Illinois.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."