Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Epic Meltdown

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    That's funny John
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,345
    Options
    Brother Pat never disappoints.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options

Legume said:
    election is over.  I understand people wanting 'not their choice' to stumble, fail, make them feel better about their choice that didn't win, even sour grapes.  if you don't like him fine, hope for him to fail on an ethics issue and get the boot, but for matters of policy and decisions like this, his failure is our failure.  I'm not so sure everyone gets that as there seems to be a little too much joy anytime one of his decisions doesn't appear to work out.
    This is valid on some policies, not others.  Take the health care bill.  I personally believe the replacement being proposed will make things worse, not better.  That's not a purely partisan stance - I think it's pretty easy to explain and defend.   So I don't agree that him failing to pass that legislation implies that the country fails.
    Damnit John, of course you're right. Again.  =)

But you knew what I meant.  I appreciate the clarification.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,041
    Options
    :punch::tired_face::flushed::glasses::grimacing::worried::relieved::transformer::time_out::yin_yang::prayer::perturbed::jack_o_lantern:
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • HeavyG
    Options
    :punch::tired_face::flushed::glasses::grimacing::worried::relieved::transformer::time_out::yin_yang::prayer::perturbed::jack_o_lantern:
    Preach!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Eventually Syria will run out of air bases from which to launch strikes.  And the bombing was definitely a message sent regarding North Korea as well. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    Eventually Syria will run out of air bases from which to launch strikes.  . . . .
    Not at this rate, Jethro.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    Eventually Syria will run out of air bases from which to launch strikes.  And the bombing was definitely a message sent regarding North Korea as well. 
    Uhm...

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    What's the best way to refocus attention from things that matters?  A war!

Trump did not accomplish ANYTHING with this strike.  It was stupid to warn them in advance...

Options
    Yup.  Sixty missiles @ $500K apiece.

I wonder how many children being poisoned in Flint, MI could've been helped with that kind of coin.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @Botch -  at least the unit price/tomahawk has dropped significantly since its use in Desert Storm in 1991.  (I recall it at around 900k+/TLAM).  Of course, we have gone thru some inventory since then.
    I believe the intent of the strike was for much greater political influence than anything truly military.  Time will tell.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    ooooh, my next fishing boat

httpsnewsusniorgwp-contentuploads201704IMG_6174-1jpg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Botch -  at least the unit price/tomahawk has dropped significantly since its use in Desert Storm in 1991.  (I recall it at around 900k+/TLAM).  Of course, we have gone thru some inventory since then.
    I believe the intent of the strike was for much greater political influence than anything truly military.  Time will tell.
    Yup.  There's a meme on farcebook that lists the price as $1.6M, but my Ammo buds who are still serving looked up the actual price, it is around $500K.  
    Agree with your assessment, we shall see.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• HeavyG
    Options

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    You are right, and  also Gorsuch would have been confirmed. Oh, wait, no. Hopefully Ruth Buzzi will be replaced soon.
  • HeavyG
    Options

But..."it sends a message". 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Phase one in Trump's plan to make the United States look even more laughable, executed flawlessly. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I would venture that there has been a strike plan ready to go for a long time.  That said, I'm sure there was a political calculus that far outweighed the intent for any military outcome.
    After all, Carl von Clausewitz said, "War is the continuation of politics by other means."  And this is definitely not anything close to war.  Thus the reason we told the Russkies in advance.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    Options

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I'm in the "time will tell" camp.  It's too early to tell how this will all play out.  I'm sure it had some effect on Assad and maybe other rogue states.  We just don't know what or how much.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

She should be blasted.  She's a friggin moron.
  • Botch
    Options
    I'm sure it had some effect on Assad and maybe other rogue states.  
    Being's that he's re-bombed the same city the very next day, I'm afraid the effect was minimal if anything at all.  
    I know it's against US policy to attack government leadership, but the fact that almost 500,000 Syrians are dead, 9 million displaced (with over half of them completely out of their own country), and most of the country in shambles, just because one damned lisping opthamologist wants to be the king, damn, that's just not right.
    Remember when Kadafi's palace was hit, his living quarters in shambles, and one of his own daughters killed?  He shaped up right quick, for many years after that.  

• HeavyG
    Options
    Botch said:
    I'm sure it had some effect on Assad and maybe other rogue states.  
    Being's that he's re-bombed the same city the very next day, I'm afraid the effect was minimal if anything at all.  
    I know it's against US policy to attack government leadership, but the fact that almost 500,000 Syrians are dead, 9 million displaced (with over half of them completely out of their own country), and most of the country in shambles, just because one damned lisping opthamologist wants to be the king, damn, that's just not right.
    Remember when Kadafi's palace was hit, his living quarters in shambles, and one of his own daughters killed?  He shaped up right quick, for many years after that.  
    And many years after the US was instrumental in removing Gaddafi is Libya a functioning, thriving, and peaceful nation where the rule of law (as defined by Western norms) is making life for most Libyans a better place?

That's a rhetorical question - I think we already know what the answer is. :)

• lousubcap
    Options
    Without a regime change plan in place ready to go any time you decapitate the head of state you are going to get chaos.  The classic example is Iraq.  War was easily won (you can debate or decide the definition of win).  No plan to then sort out how to govern the state and here we are.  
    Besides all the UN agreements against it, a good reason Bush 41 didn't wipe Saddam off the map in 1991 was because he and his team had no alternative ready to go.
    Be careful of what you wish for sometimes.  Off soap-box.
  • HeavyG
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I thought Team Bush 2.0 had actually taken the lessons of previous decades of experience to heart and had a plan for Iraq 2.0.

I'm guessing Team Bush 2.0 really only had part of a plan. Maybe about 12% of a plan. :)

No doubt we can count on Trumpy 0.1beta to actually have a solid 100% of a plan.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,041
    Options
    I think having an unpredictable president is a good defense.  Maybe Assad and Jong-Il will think "this mother fvckers crazy" we better stop.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    I think having an unpredictable president is a good defense.  Maybe Assad and Jong-Il will think "this mother fvckers crazy" we better stop.

I agree, and it also worked for mel gibson in lethal weapon
    Phoenix 
  • Botch
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Without a regime change plan in place ready to go any time you decapitate the head of state you are going to get chaos.  
    Agreed 100%.  The thing is, "chaos" is what we have already.   :|