Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Epic Meltdown

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    hillary who
    You've already forgotten about her, huh?
    not as epic but theres still interesting meltdowns =)
    Hillary tried, Obama spied...

what hillary says now is just static in the air, its meaningless drivel. hate to be the one to tell you this, she lost, you can read about her in the history books =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • PlanSB
    PlanSB Posts: 90
    I do find the "well Hillary said!" rebuttals fairly weak sauce.  Either Trump's actions are defensible on the merits, or... they're not.
    I think the point is that everyone knows you would not be ranting about any of this if there were someone else with a D after their name sitting in the seat. Truth. 

It is not to make any argument either for or against. It is to point out blatant hypocrisy, over and over. 

There aren't any arguments of merit in either direction posted here. For some reason, certain folks feel one side always has to provide a 600 word argument with sourcing in order to comment, but it is fine to throw bombs the other direction. 

Carry on with the "strong sauce"

That's not really true.  Plenty of 'libs' disagreed, and voiced that disagreement with Obama when he wanted action in Syria. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Obama's mutts were spies for ISIS.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Guys, I'm really worried this is becoming personal.  Some of these posts are starting to have a tone to them that is making me uncomfortable.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    Legume said:

Isn't the plan that we don't tell our enemies what we're going to do ahead of time?
    I think the objective here was to destroy runways and not kill Russians. Who knows... I'm not a military strategist nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. 
    The objective was to stop Syria from dropping more CW on innocent civilians.  I have no idea if this action will accomplish that, but I hope that it does.  I'd like to think that is something we can all agree on.

Agree.  We'll have to see what the impact is.  The action alone can be more meaningful than taking out x number of planes or whatever.  He just said to everyone, I'll shoot when I feel I need to.
    Well, closer to "I'll shoot but I'll let you know it's coming beforehand so don't worry too much."
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume said:

Isn't the plan that we don't tell our enemies what we're going to do ahead of time?
    I think the objective here was to destroy runways and not kill Russians. Who knows... I'm not a military strategist nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. 
    The objective was to stop Syria from dropping more CW on innocent civilians.  I have no idea if this action will accomplish that, but I hope that it does.  I'd like to think that is something we can all agree on.

Agree.  We'll have to see what the impact is.  The action alone can be more meaningful than taking out x number of planes or whatever.  He just said to everyone, I'll shoot when I feel I need to.
    Well, closer to "I'll shoot but I'll let you know it's coming beforehand so don't worry too much."
    Appropriate if Russians were anywhere near.  Pulling the trigger is pulling the trigger. If there had been no warning of Russia, you may be screaming that he is a reckless madman.

Anyway, I was thinking of the message to countries that are not part if this particular conflict.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:
    Legume said:

Appropriate if Russians were anywhere near.  Pulling the trigger is pulling the trigger. If there had been no warning of Russia, you may be screaming that he is a reckless madman.

Anyway, I was thinking of the message to countries that are not part if this particular conflict.
    I know, I'm just giving you the business.

I suspect that Mattis had quite a bit to do with the execution here.  I said I thought he was an excellent pick for SecDef at the time and I haven't seen anything that would change my mind.

It's just funny to me that the candidate who made such a big deal of not telling anyone his plans because he doesn't want to tip our enemies off... effectively tipped off the Syrians.
  • Legume
    Maybe that tells him where the Russians really stand - I guess they're not really my friends (sad face trump)
  • Legume
    edited April 2017
    And fwiw John, a simple  =) would've tipped me off that you were giving me the business.  =)
  • JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:
    And fwiw John, a simple  =) would've tipped me off that you were giving me the business.  =)
    Ha!  Good point.  I keep forgetting to drop the sh!tgrin.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Legume said:
    Just one??? I thought they needed to be dispersed, seemingly at random, thrughout a post.

Or perhaps it is preferable to just chain them together at the end... =)=)=)=)=)

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    No, that's not a standard, that's called style.  You get to have your own.
  • fishlessman
    HeavyG said:
    Legume said:
    And fwiw Joh =) simple  =) would've tipped me off that you were giving me the business.  =)
    Just one??? I thought they needed to be dispersed, seemingly at random, thrughout a post.

Or perhaps it is preferable to just chain them together at the end... =)=)=)=)=)

wow....his eyes open =) finally i can understand what your saying ;)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Lol
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    edited April 2017
    This thread has been running all week.  Did The Unthinkable happen?

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Don't jinx it!
    edited April 2017

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125

Have to hand it to Rand Paul, the guy is consistent.
    I wish he would have done better on the National
    Stage
  • fishlessman

Have to hand it to Rand Paul, the guy is consistent.
    when trump was getting his congressional authorization, randy was on the other side of the locked door =)
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Trumpy has come to a fork in the road and now he has to take it.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Legume
    edited April 2017
    election is over.  I understand people wanting 'not their choice' to stumble, fail, make them feel better about their choice that didn't win, even sour grapes.  if you don't like him fine, hope for him to fail on an ethics issue and get the boot, but for matters of policy and decisions like this, his failure is our failure.  I'm not so sure everyone gets that as there seems to be a little too much joy anytime one of his decisions doesn't appear to work out.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660

Is that The Donald's phone?

Best laugh I've had all day!
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited April 2017

Legume said:
    election is over.  I understand people wanting 'not their choice' to stumble, fail, make them feel better about their choice that didn't win, even sour grapes.  if you don't like him fine, hope for him to fail on an ethics issue and get the boot, but for matters of policy and decisions like this, his failure is our failure.  I'm not so sure everyone gets that as there seems to be a little too much joy anytime one of his decisions doesn't appear to work out.
    This is valid on some policies, not others.  Take the health care bill.  I personally believe the replacement being proposed will make things worse, not better.  That's not a purely partisan stance - I think it's pretty easy to explain and defend.   So I don't agree that him failing to pass that legislation implies that the country fails.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2017
    Roll heads roll!
    About time someone did a little more than telling a kid to cut it out, or drawing a red line.
    Trump is no chump.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125

Best laugh I've had all day!
    I had a little help from my friend...