Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Athens Texas Eggfest, almost ready to go

Options
All my shopping is done. Just have to pack the car...
Taking a little Tito's and tonic break with a light chaser.

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @Photo Egg Flying solo or will you be bringing company!! lol
    We will be heading out in the morning. See you guys tomorrow!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    Options
    @Photo Egg we will be in Athens before lunch, we will look you up! @Hotch Safe travels to everyone!
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    You boys and girls have a great time!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    We're 82% packed and ready to head out when the time is right.  No hurry. We're taking the back road from Fairfield to Athens.  Two lane but hardly any traffic.  Beautiful country all the way.  Probably see some Bluebonnets too.

I made about 350 servings of Magnum Loads for the Athens tasters. Plan B, if I run out is to relax.

It will be closer to 1,000 servings for the Texas Eggfest tasters.  Or maybe I'll just serve 100 tastes, and use the rest of the day drinking free beer and eating other Cook's dishes.  There's some really good stuff being cooked, and like most times I spent the day cooking, I got nothing to eat.  

See y'all tomorrow.

Spring "Almost Time To Fluff The Nest" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Hotch said:
    @Photo Egg Flying solo or will you be bringing company!! lol
    We will be heading out in the morning. See you guys tomorrow!
    Both Lora and I. And another friend and his wife will join us for their first Eggfest. Also talked them into cooking. Just finished packing the car. 
    Safe travels buddy...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My Family is ready. Taking kids. Can't leave Texarkana until school is out. We will be there around 7:30 PM I hope. Staying at Holiday Inn. @Spring Chicken will have kids pick up a few of those mags throughout the day :).

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• MeatChurch
    MeatChurch Posts: 200
    Options
    See you fellas tmw! I'd come tonight, but @MeatChurch Jr would burn that place down with his 4 year old antics. 

@Spring Chicken .....looking forward to seeing you and the Mrs. Save me some Magnum Loads. I'm coming to see you first tmw.

XL, Large, Mini-Max in Texas - Big Green Egg Competition Team 

• Photo Egg
    Options
    Just hard to top the hospitality, location and support shown by the good people hosting the Athens Texas Eggfest...

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Pre Party...

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • marysvilleksegghead
    Options
    Plz take lots of pics!
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Here are a couple things I made. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    After Party was even better than the eggfest. @Photo Egg Thank you for after party grilling. I enjoyed meeting you. Don and his wife were great. I was the one with the LSU hat btw. 

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Photo Egg
    Options
    six_egg said:
    After Party was even better than the eggfest. @Photo Egg Thank you for after party grilling. I enjoyed meeting you. Don and his wife were great. I was the one with the LSU hat btw. 
    Great to meet you as well. The weather for the afterparty was amazing. No way I was going to sit in the banquet room.
    Hope to see you in Athens again next year.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Here are a couple photos. I did not get many. My wife shot a couple hundred and I will get some those soon. Cinnamon Rolls, cheesy hash browns . Seemed like all the regulars toted in the Ceramic Grill Store Adjustable Rigs.

Our friends Don and Regina made a couple fantastic dump cakes and I had some short bread cookies that were topped with a chocolate kiss after removed from Egg.

No matter how hard we try...just can't keep up with the Underwoods, Kelley and Bruce. Creators of "It's My Rub" are two of the hardest working people you will ever see at an Eggfest. Cheesy grits topped with a grilled shrimp was one of their over the top dishes this year. Sorry, no photo of the actual dish.

Besides making the best Bloody Mary in the word...Frank's meatloaf was amazing!

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    Thanks for the kudos, Darian!  Much appreciated.  You know you're NOT exactly known as a "slacker" at Eggfests....lol.  Thanks so much for the great food all day, as well as the always stupendous food for the After Party!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    A couple more.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    "After Party was even better than the eggfest"

It always is. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    "After Party was even better than the eggfest"

It always is. 
    The only reason I was involved in the 5 in Salado was for the "before & after" parties being separated by the Sat Fest. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    six_egg said:
    Great to meet you as well. The weather for the afterparty was amazing. No way I was going to sit in the banquet room.
    Hope to see you in Athens again next year.
    Darian and Ron,

Good to meet you both out on the deck. Enjoyed the lamb pops and conversation. 

Dave 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Wow. It looks like a good time and I'm sure nobody left hungry. Thanks for sharing.