Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Pit Boss at COSTCO: OT

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
Saw that beast at COSTCO today. Website says they sell it for $749, but tag said $599. Considering how heavy the dome was a guy would need that $150 savings to go toward his hernia operation! I doubt this thread will see the light of day, but what the heck.
https://www.costco.com/Pit-Boss-Ceramic-BBQ-Grill-.product.100295951.html
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• RRP
    BTW for the unit on display they had some solid plastic pipe laid across the opening which I'm sure was to break the fall when someone not too strong tried to lift and dropped the dome. Trust me it was heavy and awkward.
  • ToTheMax
    ToTheMax Posts: 150
    Costco always charges more for delivered items, which explains the online vs. in-store price delta.

I saw it in store too, it's pretty hefty...
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • These were on sale for 399 when my local Costco opened.. I almost bought one, seemed like a solid unit. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    RRP said:
    BTW for the unit on display they had some solid plastic pipe laid across the opening which I'm sure was to break the fall when someone not too strong tried to lift and dropped the dome. Trust me it was heavy and awkward.
    That shock absorber thingy on the front of the grill is designed to protect it from breaking if/when dropped. I'd be tempted to give it a test. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    They were 350 at my Costco last fall and I almost bought it
  • RRP
    Hntnhrd said:
    They were 350 at my Costco last fall and I almost bought it
    At $350 and with COSTCO standing behind it then I could see that being attractive to many want-to-have-bees!
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    1 month later I bought my Large BGE for 375 off Craigslist  ;) very glad I waited
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Af5er enough cookcs on my eggs a neighbor bought one last year. The top damper is a bit of a joke and it does not seal well so he burns through most of his charcoal. I am sure theres a fix but he doesnt seem to care.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    A friend has one, he really likes it, cooks some great food.  No punchline.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    I bet it would suffice especially for someone on a budget. Costcos pretty good about returns if something happened. 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Great post Ron. I missed the last 10 posts about it I'm glad I saw this one. 
  • @RRP does it have a plain hinge? I would imagine the dome weighs about the same as other ceramic cookers.
  • RRP
    I don't know, but since I seem to be late to the party then apparently there are others here who know so much more then maybe they can answer. 
  • Maybe his handle is accurate. Do they still say someone is lit as in drunk?
  • OmahaOne
    OmahaOne Posts: 154
    RRP said:
    I seen that too and it was also on some of their other grills.
    XL BGE - Indianapolis, IN
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Maybe his handle is accurate. Do they still say someone is lit as in drunk?
    There is more than ETOH in his bloodstream.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Lit
    EGGjlmh said:
    Lit said:
    Great post Ron. I missed the last 10 posts about it I'm glad I saw this one. 

What the hell is your problem with RRP?

Dude you have issues if you cant get along with him

All he posts is OT crap every day. Most of the time it's stuff that's been posted many times before. I have even seen him post the same thing as he did the year before. Not really interested in the day to day happenings in his life especially when they are usually stupid crap.
  • PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259

Did this turn into the OT Epic Meltdown thread? Incase it has:

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• Lit
    Ron maybe you can start just one OT post that you keep posting to instead of multiple at a time? Something like What's Ron doing now? 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Saw it at a Costco here in Louisville. I raised the lid, and found it extremely heavy to do so. They, too, had a stout plastic tube zip tied to the grill, which I assumed was to protect it from slamming too hard and breaking.
    Looked stout, but, the top vent looked very poorly made, as when I tried to close it completely, gaps remained in the to vs the sliding part. From underneath withe the dome open, on this display unit, I could still see some light, when the to vent was closed.
    Likely a good unit, I suppose. Just some stuff I think I would want to work around if I got one, That I do not have to with an egg.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Lit said:
    Ron maybe you can start just one OT post that you keep posting to instead of multiple at a time? Something like What's Ron doing now? 
    @Lit you are on the wrong thread. The "Epic Meltdown" thread is just below this one. LOL!
  • Lit
    RRP said:
    Lit - I really pity you. You must have serious mental health issues which cause you to lash out at me the way you do. Apparently I remind you of someone who hurt you in your formative years. You single me out when I try to help people even if it is something that has been said or posted before. You know I seldom ever respond to your criticisms, but seeing how you continue to rail against me last night and today it is really getting old. But it does show you have a serious problem and I hope for your sake and your family that you admit you need professional help to curb your anger issues.
    Ron I'm not angry it's just old. If you look atleast 1 person agreed with each of the posts and in the past people agrees also. We don't need a thread to see it hailed at your house put that on Facebook that's why I don't have Facebook I don't care about what you did today. If you want to answer questions and help people that's fine but we don't need to know every time you have a thought. 
  • RRP
    Lit said:
     If you want to answer questions and help people that's fine but we don't need to know every time you have a thought. 
    LOL - still lashing out, but I see one of the most popular threads here which has 248K views with 17K comments is "what are you doing now?". I have never posted once to that nor do I read it - BUT I just did a quick view and I see you are a regular poster there! Do you really think people cared about your damaged patio cover or playing "fish" with your daughter? You have such hatred in your heart for me that I bet you can't see my point. I really pity you.
  • Lit
    RRP said:
    Lit said:
     If you want to answer questions and help people that's fine but we don't need to know every time you have a thought. 
    LOL - still lashing out, but I see one of the most popular threads here which has 248K views with 17K comments is "what are you doing now?". I have never posted once to that nor do I read it - BUT I just did a quick view and I see you are a regular poster there! Do you really think people cared about your damaged patio cover or playing "fish" with your daughter? You have such hatred in your heart for me that I bet you can't see my point. I really pity you.
    Yes Ron I do post there cause that's what the thread is about. I don't start a new thread every time that's what is annoying about your posts. I know 99% of the people don't care that's why I post there. I even post many of my cooks there because it's nothing new the same old cooks but you find it necessary to tell the world you got marble sized hail. Guess what most of Georgia got hail yesterday and some up to 3-4" but nobody else thought it necessary to make a post about it. It's funny you are trying to make a point by saying a posted what I was doing in the what are you doing thread see how silly your argument is?
  • PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    its a disguised vision grill, wonder how many different grill companies have their grill made by vision grills
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Lit you are kinda looking like a