Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's Everybody Cooking At Eggtoberfest 2006 ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Squeeze,[p]Big burgers are fun to fool with on the Eggs. I have never been able to find a bread maker to do my buns so I always end up making my own. This also limits the size of my burgers as about the largest bun I can make on my large is 15 inch in diameter and a four pound burger is way more than enough to fill up this bun.[p]MVC-014E.jpg[p]This burger was 13 inches in diameter and I think the meat was 3 pounds. This is a nice size to feed a family or maybe a couple of guests. [p]Dave

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Geez, Melissa, I don't know how you'd be able to bring any if you wanted. Tell you what I'll do, though, if you want to cook some salmon or halibut using your special techniques or skills or recipes, tell me what you want and I'll bring it along. I've got a boat load and I'd be more than happy to share........
  • egret
    Options
    Thanks a million, Sam. I appreciate your generosity and I look forward to seeing you and your lovely Diane again. We only saw a little bit of rain while in Alaska but no bother at all............

• JimE
    JimE Posts: 158
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Coincidence, I am cooking six racks of spare ribs this weekend, or at least intend to. Can you fit them on a large? I have a rib rack. Any advice you could give would be appreciated.
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    egret,[p]Geeez - I've traveled the states with a wetlock box & a cooler fulla fish, but since you insist on sharing.... :)[p]We should collaborate on something. If you've got halibut, I've got spot shrimp - hows about shrimp stuffed halibut? I've got alder wood from my back yard ready to go - in fact I think I've got some big enough for planks for the salmon! If not, I definitely have big chunks that I can bring.[p]I feel like doing some kind of high-fiving "aahhh yeah" thing, but I will refrain for the moment.
  • egret
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    I've got halibut, coho and king salmon fillets. The coho fillets are the 'whole' fillet and are about 15" to 18" long, some a little longer. The others are cut into smaller pieces, maybe 1-1.5 # pieces. The kings are all in the 2"-3" thick range and the halibut all range from about 1"-2.5" thick.
    The shrimp stuffed halibut sounds great! Tell me what you'd like me to bring and it'll be there. Also, since I'm driving I can bring any kind of rubs, utensils, pans, etc. you may need.......

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    egret,[p]When it gets closer to time we can hammer out the details. We cook for two days, right?
  • egret
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    We just cook Saturday. I'll catch up with you later.......