Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best pancake batter dispsenser??

Options
In the market for a good dispenser for batter. Any suggestions? Looking for one that will hold at least 2-3 cups of batter and won't leak.
LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
Rome, GA

Comments

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    I just use a ladle. one less hard-to-clean "tool". 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Here's exactly what you are looking for. The brand is Tevolo and it is graduated to hold 3 cups. With the tip you merely turn upside down and squirt the size pancake you want. I got it on Amazon I believe. Also I only use it if I'm making a lot of pancakes as 3 cups is a lot! Both ends screw off so filling and mixing is easy and so is clean up!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

A plastic pitcher works well.   Congrats on the new flat top.  I'd suggest putting most of the accessory $ into some quality turners.  Those you will use a lot.  I like the blue handle high heat Dexter.

You are going to love the new toy.

Phoenix 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    They should just sell pancake batter in caulk gun tubes. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    You need a dispenser? Just POUR.

Figures Ron would have one. :rofl:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2017
    Options
    onedbguru said:
    I just use a ladle. one less hard-to-clean "tool". 
    Agreed.  I have a Longaberger bowl like the red one above, works good for smaller batches.  I use an ice cream scoop in a larger bowl, prefer a thicker batter, makes for easy cleanup.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• krobertsmsn
    krobertsmsn Posts: 655
    Options
    Makes sense that you would not have to worry about the thickness of the batter going with the above ideas.
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • RRP
    Options
    Makes sense that you would not have to worry about the thickness of the batter going with the above ideas.
    Yes there are alternatives, but I just tried to answer the question you asked. BTW that product I have is also great for creative cookie shape making and adding decorative touches to mundane pancakes for children and grandchildren.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    If you do a lot of pancakes, check a restaurant supply. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • RRP
    Options
    Have to agree after having helped at a few pancakes breakfast fund raisers. But for home use even the most simple ones are a p.i.t.a. To clean up! 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    My first "real" job was at a fast food place and I often worked weekend mornings. Hundreds and hundreds of pancakes per day with a ladle dipped in the bowl the batter was mixed in.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RRP said:
    Here's exactly what you are looking for. The brand is Tevolo and it is graduated to hold 3 cups. With the tip you merely turn upside down and squirt the size pancake you want. I got it on Amazon I believe. Also I only use it if I'm making a lot of pancakes as 3 cups is a lot! Both ends screw off so filling and mixing is easy and so is clean up!

Ron, that kind of looks like.........well, I better not say it ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Here's an idea......

I love pancakes, but for a change of pace, skip the pancakes and opt for a Dutch baby. This recipe is simple and incredible.

Recipe: http://foodwishes.blogspot.ca/2014/10/dutch-babies-almost-as-easy-to-make-as.html?m=1

Video: 

For increased enjoyment, serve with strips of crisped pork belly, chunks of old cheddar and maple syrup. 

Problem solved - no need for a dispenser.  =)

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    SGH said:
    RRP said:

SGH's coffee enema device?

Little Rock, AR

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    SGH said:
    RRP said:

SGH's coffee enema device?
    Nobody needs or wants a gif of this. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    RRP said:

I have the exact same- didnt really want it when it was given to me for fathers day but I hate making Pancakes without it now.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I use this to separate fat when I want to use the drippings I'm sure it would work good for pancakes also. You just squeeze the handle and the bottom middle hole opens. https://www.amazon.com/Swing-A-Way-Easy-Release-Grease-Separator/dp/B004WMOR6K/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1491482563&sr=8-6&keywords=Fat+strainer
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I have one of these and make pancakes every weekend.  Does well for my needs.  

https://www.amazon.com/Pancake-Batter-Dispenser-KPKitchen-Measuring/dp/B00R48FNTE

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I have the same one @tarheelmatt has.  I like it a lot.  I tried the ladle method, i tried pouring out of a measuring cup, etc.  I have the 36" blackstone and if i wasn't super fast, the first pancake needed to be flipped before i got the last one on there.  Also, there was always messy drips every where with other methods.  I usually 6x or 10x the recipe because of all the mouths to feed so i still have to fill the dispenser 4 or 5 times from my main mixing bowl.  I was thinking of installing some sort of over head dispenser system with batter plumbed right in.  I think taco bell has this for sour cream.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    I have the same one @tarheelmatt has.  I like it a lot.  I tried the ladle method, i tried pouring out of a measuring cup, etc.  I have the 36" blackstone and if i wasn't super fast, the first pancake needed to be flipped before i got the last one on there.  Also, there was always messy drips every where with other methods.  I usually 6x or 10x the recipe because of all the mouths to feed so i still have to fill the dispenser 4 or 5 times from my main mixing bowl.  I was thinking of installing some sort of over head dispenser system with batter plumbed right in.  I think taco bell has this for sour cream.

Yep, got a 36" BS too.  My wife got that for me.  She got it at one of those stores at the Tanger mall, but it's the same one as posted from Amazon.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Sounds like your griddle might be too hot. You want it around 350-375. If you pour the last one right when the first one needs flipping(bubbles are bursting on the surface of the pancake), you're doing it right. I don't know how many you are doing at a time, but back in my fast food days, it was 20-25 at a time due to the pancake size(around 8 inches, but the griddle was 50% deeper and 2x the length of the BS. It was a 6 foot Vulcan with thermostatic control. In addition, after scooping the batter, dip the bottom of the ladle in your batter and this will eliminate drips due to the surface tension pulling the excess batter off the bottom of the ladle.

My current recipe is makes 16-20 so I do them all at once on the BS or 4 at a time inside on my CI griddle. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2017
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Chris Cakes on RAGBRAI don't Fock around.
    https://youtu.be/lQGQ26sP71Y
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I cook mine at 325 and use a large prob12 cup mixing bowl w a spout.   I also always make them w chic chips that i add in directly to the cake post pour.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Sounds like your griddle might be too hot. You want it around 350-375. If you pour the last one right when the first one needs flipping(bubbles are bursting on the surface of the pancake), you're doing it right. I don't know how many you are doing at a time, but back in my fast food days, it was 20-25 at a time due to the pancake size(around 8 inches, but the griddle was 50% deeper and 2x the length of the BS. It was a 6 foot Vulcan with thermostatic control. In addition, after scooping the batter, dip the bottom of the ladle in your batter and this will eliminate drips due to the surface tension pulling the excess batter off the bottom of the ladle.

My current recipe is makes 16-20 so I do them all at once on the BS or 4 at a time inside on my CI griddle. 
    I like a really thin pancake.  I run the griddle wide open all the time.  For me, it might as well just have an on/off switch.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • northGAcock
    Options
    I think my pancake making disappeared after my kids grew up. Not sure why, cause i do like a good pancake to this day. IHOP this weekend.

• setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Options
    Not sure what size laddle he used
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    setdahook said:
    Not sure what size laddle he used
    Hey, I just did this

Phoenix 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    RRP said:
    Have to agree after having helped at a few pancakes breakfast fund raisers. But for home use even the most simple ones are a p.i.t.a. To clean up! 
    I don't think you have to clean it.....just put it in the frig (not Jason's) till you need to use it again. Easy.