Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - In Your Opinion, What's the Best Live Music Record of all Time?

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I agree with Babylon by Bus, fantastic suggestion.  Couple more:

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Dig the BB King record @YEMTrey!  Not my 1 but a great record.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    @YEMTrey
    BBking album is what Made EC do the blues. Nice add. AK&US got that one too. Nice selection.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    YEMTrey said:
    I agree with Babylon by Bus, fantastic suggestion.  Couple more:

Both above are dang good ones. Another one of my favorite B. B. King albums was:

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • gator753
    gator753 Posts: 81

Most of my favorites have been listed:

Frampton

Allman Bros

The Band

Here's one more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r6Ad-6Bne4

Marshall, TX

LBGE 2016
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    For anyone that cares, I put together a Spotify playlist based on a lot of the suggestion here.

https://open.spotify.com/user/bussa2007/playlist/1zY1E8YwAYXnogonqvFqD4
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    spray said:
    Lots of good ones here.  The Who, Live at Leeds, Rolling Stones, Get yer YaYas Out, and Deep Purple, Made in Japan are awesome.  Listen to them all the time.  Gotta add Rare Earth Live at the Miami Marine Stadium to the list - a couple of my older brothers were at the concert and I wore out a few 8-tracks of that show when in high school.
    That's only cause they kept going after you passed out. B)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited April 2017
    I can't believe "The Last Waltz" has only been mentioned once.  It's such a great record. 
    Can't believe it either. This may be the most popular Canadian one now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYymL22RfJs

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Crosby, Stills Nash and Young: Four Way Street. Nothing else quite like it. I had the album for years.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    no iron maiden fans =)

Image result for eddie iron maiden live
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Salmonegg
    Salmonegg Posts: 79
    PlanSB said:
    Salmonegg said:
    Daft Punk wholly remixing their back catalog at Bercy. Find the grainy crowd-shot footage on YouTube to see how wig-splitting this was in 2007. 

This is probably my favorite live album of all time.  Was tempted to book Coachella this year based soley on the speculation of Daft Punk possibly playing a surprise set, but life had other plans for me. Will probably be going to Panorama in NYC though.

I considered catching one of the 2007 dates and basically flaked, to my eternal regret. I've kinda' been laying the groundwork with my wife to go see Justice on this next tour in hopes of recapturing that missed opportunity. I think "Access All Arenas" is a damn fine live set which pales next to Alive mostly because the robots got there first. 
  • PlanSB
    PlanSB Posts: 90
    edited April 2017
    Salmonegg said:mi
    PlanSB said:
    Salmonegg said:
    Daft Punk wholly remixing their back catalog at Bercy. Find the grainy crowd-shot footage on YouTube to see how wig-splitting this was in 2007. 

This is probably my favorite live album of all time.  Was tempted to book Coachella this year based soley on the speculation of Daft Punk possibly playing a surprise set, but life had other plans for me. Will probably be going to Panorama in NYC though.

I considered catching one of the 2007 dates and basically flaked, to my eternal regret. I've kinda' been laying the groundwork with my wife to go see Justice on this next tour in hopes of recapturing that missed opportunity. I think "Access All Arenas" is a damn fine live set which pales next to Alive mostly because the robots got there first. 
    I told my wife: "if i have the opportunity i will be going to see daft punk, youre welcome to join if youd like". :) i set a cost limit in my head and if they play in the US i will be there. 2007 i was a broke college student, now i can afford to do these things. 

Ive seen justice before, in NYC, and they were rad. Ill be seeing them at panaroma this year as well. Mainly going for NIN, ATCQ, and Tame Impala; however am psyched on justice too. Panaromas undercard is really stacked though, which helped me make the choice to go too.

• YukonRon
    Spinal Tap - shark sandwich.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SemolinaPilchard
    SemolinaPilchard Posts: 1,282
    edited April 2017
    YukonRon said:
    Spinal Tap - shark sandwich.
    WRONG!!! Image result The best live album from a fake band is The Monkees.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2017
    Blastin' Clapton's, "One More Car One More Rider" DVD out of the 3 disc set.  Saw him during this 2001 tour, ending with "Over The Rainbow" was brilliant.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• saluki2007
    Salmonegg said:
    Just listened to this on Spotify and love it.  Will have to look for the footage you are referring to.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Don't think it really counts, but....
    Eddie Murphy RAW
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim said:
    Eddie Murphy RAW
    That was a funny video. Is that the one with the pinky ring over a leather glove?
  • saluki2007
    With the good weather finally here, I'll be sitting out side a lot more and jamming.  If anyone cares, I updated my Spotify playlist.

https://open.spotify.com/user/bussa2007/playlist/1zY1E8YwAYXnogonqvFqD4?si=sk0jOxwSSze92R_k1FDdpg
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• YukonRon
    There are so many great live albums. Each has a different vibe or experience for me.
    The Who, Live at Leeds is a fave. The Concert for  Bangladesh, Rare Earth Live, is a real fave.
    Clapton/Winwood at MSG, Frampton Comes Alive, Gary Clark Junior, Joe Bonamassa, Talking Heads, BBKing, U2, the list rolls on and on.
    At one time, I had close to 600 vinyls, and the live albums made up easily 10% of the total.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    thetrim said:
    Eddie Murphy RAW
    Richard Pryor > Eddie Murphy 
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Skynard, One More From the Road
    Allman Bros, Fillmore
    Little Feat, Waiting for Columbus

I’ll include another I haven’t seen listed - David Bowie, Live at the Tower, Philadelphia.  

Recently came across this concert version of Free Bird that just blew me away...  Turn it up...

https://youtu.be/QxIWDmmqZzY
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    One more from the road by Lynard Skynard....features the best version of the Southern National Anthem....Free Bird.

What song is it you want to hear..... 

It's close one for me between this album and Frampton comes Alive...saw them both July 2, 1977 in Oakland.  Practically wore the vinyl out on this Double LP Set and the 8-Track.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • frognot
    frognot Posts: 103
    Bob Seger's "Live Bullet" and "Nine Tonight"
    Big Head Todd and The Monsters "Live Monsters" and "Live at Red Rocks"
    Allen, Texas          LBGE, Orange Thermapen (fastest and easiest to find)

• BUFFALOMOOSE
    BUFFALOMOOSE Posts: 372
    +1 on Live Bullet. 
    South Buffalo, New York
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    J Geils Band  Full House
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,141
    Almost qualifies as a zombie thread, and there are a lot of great suggestions (robot rock is  one of my top ten songs of all time) but ill put the one that really changed me...

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    @MaskedMarvel was going to post that one, but not sure enough people here have heard it.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio