Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Morrocan pulled pork???

Options
KennyG
KennyG Posts: 949
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With the health concious wife out of town and State this weekend visiting the kid, KennyG decided to take advantage of the situation and sneak a big ole Boston butt into the house through the front door this time. Why not?, the fat boys told me to come on over on Sunday and bring some pulled pork and herein lays the "rub". Decided to blend up a fresh batch of JJ's rub for the occasion. Unfortunately, having fallen prey to the ravages of perhaps too many brewskis (hate when that happens), I think I crossed up the amounts of coriander and cumin or maybe used cumin for both. If ever a piece of meat smelled of "Mediterainian" (sp?), this is it. It does smell damn good however!! film at 11:00 hehehe[p]bottle.gif

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Hey Ken! Somewheres abouts 3:30 am here. Workin a tad late...tryin to learn this web deign stuff...and slippin in a few Saranac Black and Tans as I go.[p]You might recall in of December of 99 Elder Ward posted a Brisket Recipe, and rub. But he only posted in the messages, and not in the recipe section. Too bad, it was purty good. Anywho...the rub had a ton of chili powder in it, then a ton of cumin on top of that. I cut back the cumin a lot, but it was still more cumin than I had ever used in anything. And lemme tell ya, that was one good chunk-o-chest. Didn't really taste like a Morrocan mole. Couldn't even really pinpoint the cumin....which is what you want....never to have one spice steal the show.[p]Dang. Amazing how at 3:30 am it is amazing how you can coast along. Your butt will be killer I guarOANtee.[p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I printed that one out, but I have never had a chance to try it.
    RhumAndJerk

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    It is worth trying, and rarely gets mentioned here. Even the 270 degree sped-up cook worked well...with only slightly different results that the longer version.
    2.5 inches of snow last night, already melting in the sun. Total of just around 7 inches here around Bushville this year. Yall probably got that in one storm. Good weekend to ya.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ