Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Back rib Internal Temp.

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Help . . . they're on the BGE and I've forgotten the internal temp to cook to.

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    bb,
    If you are cooking direct at 250*. About 3.5 hrs. Check by sticking a fork into the meat. It should give very little resistance. If you are using a rib rack or inverted v-rack it will not be necessary to turn them. If they are laying flat on the grid turn every 45 min.

• JJ,[p]Thanks! I am cooking indirect at 250. and layiing them flat this time.[p]Seems I remember reading somewhere here that an internal temp. of around 190 should be correct. [p]Needless to say, I'm using your rub. Man, that's some good stuff.
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    JJ, I've been on this forum pretty much continuously for the past year and a half or so, and if there is one constant thing that people take from this forum, and remark upon on a daily basis, is an admiration for JJ's rub. I know you take pride in your long queing history and in being a pioneer in developing this forum, but I think your legacy is going to be that rub recipe; it gains new admirers every single day! Is there a story behind it? Is it something you've 'fine-tuned' over the years, or did it come to you complete, or is it something handed down to you from other barbecuers? It is a combination of many basic ingredients, but something about the proportions of each just makes for one damn fine rub! Any history or stories about it we should all know?:)

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    JJ, I've been on this forum pretty much continuously for the past year and a half or so, and if there is one constant thing that people take from this forum, and remark upon on a daily basis, is an admiration for JJ's rub. I know you take pride in your long queing history and in being a pioneer in developing this forum, but I think your legacy is going to be that rub recipe; it gains new admirers every single day! Is there a story behind it? Is it something you've 'fine-tuned' over the years, or did it come to you complete, or is it something handed down to you from other barbecuers? It is a combination of many basic ingredients, but something about the proportions of each just makes for one damn fine rub! Any history or stories about it we should all know?:)

• JJ
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    My rub as well as my dipping sauce are the result of many years of experimenting and fine tuning. I am now in the process of fine tuning a mopping sauce.

• Sippi
    Sippi Posts: 83
    Options
    JJ,
    I certainly hope you'll share the mopping sauce. I'm sure that even without fine tuning, its better than most of us are accustomed to.

• JJ,[p]The ribs came out excellent as per your advice. Thanks much for your help, and especially the timely input. It saved the day.
  • JJ
    Options
    Sippi,[p]When I get it to my liking, I will more than happy to share it. That's what life is all about.