Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meat Church

I am really digging the gospel and honey hog. 

Their rubs are new to me, which should I try next?  What are your favorites?

Below are pics of tenders I made for my little boys this past week. 
VA Beach

Comments

• clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    Holy Cow...steak or...BRISKET
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Holy cow brisket 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Well the sticker for the beer fridge isn't shabby. 

I'm a lover of a lot of the Dizzy line. I have Honey Hog and Honey Hog Hot. I prefer the hot. The regular has a twinge of artificial flavor to me. 

Mixing the two seemed to be a favorite on pork. (Mostly ribs and shoulders)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    I like the Honey Hog Hot as well as the Bacon.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • I wanna try the bacon. 

Little Rock, AR

• "Holy Cow"...I eat the sh!t on everything.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Looks great, makes me want to try the rubs
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    I like to use the Holy Cow and Bacon rubs on eggs, give them great flavor.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I've tried a couple bags of the honey hog and the honey hog hot. I thought they were descent. My Holy Cow bag is long gone. I crushed it. Awesome flavor and will be reordering it soon. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    WeberWho said:
    I've tried a couple bags of the honey hog and the honey hog hot. I thought they were descent. My Holy Cow bag is long gone. I crushed it. Awesome flavor and will be reordering it soon. 
    I haven't had opportunity to try HH Hot, a buddy said it holds some punch. What say you? 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho said:
    I haven't had opportunity to try HH Hot, a buddy said it holds some punch. What say you? 
    I like it better than just the Honey Hog. It will give your tongue a nice little tingle when tried alone but gets pretty tamed down when placed with food. I guess I was hoping for a little more. My hot might be different than most though. I'd order it again over the Honey Hog original. That one is a little too plain for me. The hot gives it a little more something. I'd give it ago if you like a little spice. Holy Cow is by fay my favorite. That bag went quick. I really enjoy it. I recommend picking that up as well if you haven't tried it.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • pgprescott
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    I like it better than just the Honey Hog. It will give your tongue a nice little tingle when tried alone but gets pretty tamed down when placed with food. I guess I was hoping for a little more. My hot might be different than most though. I'd order it again over the Honey Hog original. That one is a little too plain for me. The hot gives it a little more something. I'd give it ago if you like a little spice. Holy Cow is by fay my favorite. That bag went quick. I really enjoy it. I recommend picking that up as well if you haven't tried it.
    Thanks. Yeah I'm down with the Holy Cow. The Gospel is good too. Thanks for the feedback. I like a little kick on my rib rub. 
  • WeberWho
    pgprescott said:hi
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    Thanks. Yeah I'm down with the Holy Cow. The Gospel is good too. Thanks for the feedback. I like a little kick on my rib rub. 
    Good to know about the Gospel. I'll have to look into it. Thanks!

Minnesota
  • pgprescott
    Kent8621 said:
    I like to use the Holy Cow and Bacon rubs on eggs, give them great flavor.
    This sounds cool. Scrambled eggs? Pics? 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited April 2017
    I really enjoy Meat Church rubs. The Holy Cow, Honey Hog and Honey Hog Hot are staples in my house. Still need to order some Gospel and Deez Nutz.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    I like the honey hog on pulled pork. I like the fajita on chicken for chicken Sammiches