Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best wings I've ever made

Options
13»

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Those look and sound amazing! Some of the best cooks end with dang...... I should have measured!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Salivating......
    New Albany, Ohio 

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    dammn dems looking tasty . . great pics . .  gonna try this method tonight.  
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Honey and Srichacha....match made in heaven
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I just bought wings today and will cook some this way this weekend!  You know, not all bathroom stalkers are bad guys!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    They look perfect!

Options
    I guess those look edible.  Good effort Dwayne. ;)
    Options
    DMW said:
    I know there are some wing wizards out there, but thought I'd share tonight's results.
    Made a rub with salt/pepper/paprika/garlic powder. Didn't measure anything. Wings were in the fridge since yesterday to dry. Tossed them in a gallon zip lock with rub and gave it a few good shakes. On the small indirect around 250* with pecan chips for smoke.

Made a sauce mostly from a recipe @lousubcap posted on one of my threads. The only addition was I found a bottle of rice vinegar in the back of the fridge with just a bit left I added in. Here's the recipe he posted, I only added probably about 2 or 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar.
    • 5 tablespoons unsalted butter

• 1/3 cup honey, plus more for drizzling

• 1/4 cup Sriracha (Asian chile sauce)

• 1 tablespoon soy sauce

• 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice

Melted the butter, added the rest, and warmed it up. When the wings were almost done, dunked them in the sauce and back on indirect.

Let the sauce set for 10-15 minutes and let the temp climb up to 325*. Then I pulled the drip pan and stone and switched to raised direct to get some char on the wings. No pictures of that, but not hard to imagine what it looks like.

Final results.

Not sure what it was about these wings, but the combo of pecan smoke, rub, sauce, and char was spot on. Wish I had measured rub ingredients...

How long did you cook them indirect?
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    After 5 days, they still look delicious.  Your rub is similar to the wet rub that @Carolina Q posted a couple of years ago.  Good stuff on chicken.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    dstearn said:
    DMW said:
    I know there are some wing wizards out there, but thought I'd share tonight's results.
    Made a rub with salt/pepper/paprika/garlic powder. Didn't measure anything. Wings were in the fridge since yesterday to dry. Tossed them in a gallon zip lock with rub and gave it a few good shakes. On the small indirect around 250* with pecan chips for smoke.

Made a sauce mostly from a recipe @lousubcap posted on one of my threads. The only addition was I found a bottle of rice vinegar in the back of the fridge with just a bit left I added in. Here's the recipe he posted, I only added probably about 2 or 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar.

• 1 tablespoon soy sauce

Melted the butter, added the rest, and warmed it up. When the wings were almost done, dunked them in the sauce and back on indirect.

Let the sauce set for 10-15 minutes and let the temp climb up to 325*. Then I pulled the drip pan and stone and switched to raised direct to get some char on the wings. No pictures of that, but not hard to imagine what it looks like.

Final results.

Not sure what it was about these wings, but the combo of pecan smoke, rub, sauce, and char was spot on. Wish I had measured rub ingredients...

If I remember it was around 1.5 hours. That was almost a week ago though... I just went until they were temping around 170*-175* before dunking and putting them back on.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    DMW said:
    dstearn said:
    DMW said:

• 1 tablespoon soy sauce

Final results.

If I remember it was around 1.5 hours. That was almost a week ago though... I just went until they were temping around 170*-175* before dunking and putting them back on.
    He has no memory.  Take a guess  ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • edeigan
    edeigan Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm not that impressed
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    edeigan said:
    I'm not that impressed
    Go kill yourself.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    edited April 2017
    Options
    edeigan said:
    I'm not that impressed
    Welcome to the forum, ahole!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    edeigan said:
    I'm not that impressed

Hub said:
    edeigan said:
    I'm not that impressed
    Go kill yourself.
    Unimpressed by you.  Show up or be as irrelevant as your first post.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    edeigan said:
    I'm not that impressed
    Wow, what a bad person to come out unimpressed by. One of the forum faves. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Good work.  Heaven is glorious.  God bless.
    Options
    edeigan said:
    I'm not that impressed
    Probably voted for HillDaBeast! Shut your PieHole!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options
    Mouth watering.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Options
    Damn.....
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • edeigan
    edeigan Posts: 2
    Options
    So you are all impressed with salt paper paprika and garlic powder.........
    Really?   
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    edeigan said:
    So you are all impressed with salt paper paprika and garlic powder.........
    Really?   
    Post em up, big boy. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    edited April 2017
    Options
    edeigan said:
    I'm not that impressed

Jacksonville FL
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options