Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Traveling light

drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
At the contest this weekend in Princeton, Wisconsin I didn't bring my usual trailer full of equipment.[p]I cooked on one large and one medium egg. One brisket on the large and one 9.5 lb butt on the medium. Three slabs of ribs went on the large when the brisket was done and 12 thighs went on the medium when the butt came off. The eggs were kept pretty busy. I used one bag of charcoal and there was some leftover.
So while I can't really imagine doing it on one egg, two is very realistic. You just have to put the brisket and butt on early to make sure they get off early.[p]BTW I was the Grand Champion. Maybe I should cook that way all the time.

Ray Lampe
Dr. BBQ

Comments