Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Pressure washing guy coming tomorrow so I had to bring the arsenal inside to the sun room 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    @WeberWho said: Not much of a drummie fan myself.  :o 
    Just never been much of a dark meat person. I don't dislike it but more of a breast man. ;) I do like wings though. I've sat and done 50 wings at Buffalo Wild Wings in the past. I'll eat the crap out of wings all day. Well maybe not all day. I tapped at 50. My buddy made it to 72. He's also 6 foot 6 though. My eggs have cooked more white chicken than anything else by a mile. Chicken is a staple here at the house. Just not so much dark meat. =)
    Well, looks damn good to me. I love me some wings too. I don't think I can hang with 50! 30 maybe. Enjoy. 
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    Watching the US struggle against Panama (yes, soccer. But I'm in CA for business and that's what's on the bar TV). The whole country of Panama's population is equal to LA, not the LA metro area, only LA itself.....  it's 1/2 the size of NY city. 
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Haven't been posting for awhile. Father-in-law's health has been really bad for the past few months. He passed away a couple of weeks ago, so dealing with a lot right now. Hope to be getting back to normal soon. Egg on, brothers.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Dredger said:
    Haven't been posting for awhile. Father-in-law's health has been really bad for the past few months. He passed away a couple of weeks ago, so dealing with a lot right now. Hope to be getting back to normal soon. Egg on, brothers.
    Thoughts and best wishes to you.  Been through the death of a parent.  Sorry about your FIL.  Look forward to your posts.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Dredger
    Options
    Thanks, @bgebrent, it's never easy even when it's expected. Looking forward to normal.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Dredger said:
    These are very difficult times to get through, and get through you must.
    Our hearts are with you, and hope the normalcy you seek, reveals itself to you and your family very soon.
    We are a selfish lot in this forum, and have missed seeing your words. We look forward to your return.
    @Dredger It will get better, for you and your loved ones. Anything we can do for you to help in any way, let us know. You all will be in our thoughts.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Dredger
    Options
    @YukonRon, I know that you and Suzy had to deal with a similar situation not too long ago. If one lives long enough, these things are inevitable. Thank you for your thoughts. We really appreciate it. Can't remember when we fired up the egg last, but it's time. Ready to jump back in.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Dredger said:
    Sorry for your loss Dredger......all the best while you work through your loss. I might suggest that being with friends always helps. We would love to see you at the Butt Blast this year.....I promise you will smile.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Dredger
    Options
    Thank you so much @northGAcock, would love to make this year's Butt Blast. We'll have to see what we can do. Would love to see some smiles and friends for a change. You guys are the best.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    @fishlessman are you going to make sofrito? I have some aji dulce seeds I could send you.
    would love to try some of those peppers some time but growing them would be another story, havent found away to grow any peppers  in the yard in any quantity as its just too wet, even the raised beds. thanks for the offer.  planted garlic last fall, will find out if it all rotted in another month or two
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • noveggske
    noveggske Posts: 38
    Options
    Sitting in a meeting.. watching the traeger timberline reveal and reading forums.... 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    @fishlessman are you going to make sofrito? I have some aji dulce seeds I could send you.
    would love to try some of those peppers some time but growing them would be another story, havent found away to grow any peppers  in the yard in any quantity as its just too wet, even the raised beds. thanks for the offer.  planted garlic last fall, will find out if it all rotted in another month or two
    Grow them in containers. Those plain black 3 or 5 gallon nursery containers work well and are quite cheap. I had about a dozen pots of peri peri and pepperoncini going last year. Pretty good yield from them.

I doubt you get more summer rain than I do but if that is a problem just make a well draining soil mix for the pots. Then don't forget to water them. :)

You'll also want to feed them every week or so also.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Grow them in containers. Those plain black 3 or 5 gallon nursery containers work well and are quite cheap. I had about a dozen pots of peri peri and pepperoncini going last year. Pretty good yield from them.

I doubt you get more summer rain than I do but if that is a problem just make a well draining soil mix for the pots. Then don't forget to water them. :)

maine has a season of snow and 3 of mud ;)  there has been ducks swimming in the garden with roots on the tomatoes 6 inches from the ground =) thats the reason i raised some beds. been experimenting under the house eve where its drier and hanging pots under the eve with a drip system. will try that with some piri piri seeds i have and see where it goes with those black pots. the tomatoes not in raised beds do not need watering all season, the sandbar im on is a wet wick off the river which makes some things easy to grow.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    HeavyG said:

maine has a season of snow and 3 of mud ;)  there has been ducks swimming in the garden with roots on the tomatoes 6 inches from the ground =) thats the reason i raised some beds. been experimenting under the house eve where its drier and hanging pots under the eve with a drip system. will try that with some piri piri seeds i have and see where it goes with those black pots. the tomatoes not in raised beds do not need watering all season, the sandbar im on is a wet wick off the river which makes some things easy to grow.
    Builder's buckets are really cheap. Drill a few holes and you're away.
  • northGAcock
    Options
    You should enjoy. Next 4 days off?

• bgebrent
    Options
    I wish.  Really challenging go with the help of a neurosurgeon on Friday in a youngster.  Seriously dicey.  It's all good.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @bgebrent - glad the boat was ready to leave hibernation for another season.  
    Looks like the lake level is a bit down??
    Best of luck with the Friday surgery.  You've got this.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Thanks @bgebrent and Nichole for being my scout this afternoon. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent - glad the boat was ready to leave hibernation for another season.  
    Looks like the lake level is a bit down??
    Best of luck with the Friday surgery.  You've got this.
    Thanks Cap!  The lake is down about 10 feet.  We need some serious precipitation to get back to full pool. 
    Thanks for the support, I've got her covered.  Really appreciate it my friend.
  • northGAcock
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I wish.  Really challenging go with the help of a neurosurgeon on Friday in a youngster.  Seriously dicey.  It's all good.
    Well you have the skills. All the best and I am sure those you touch are most appreciative. 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Just send Nichole.  B)
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Just send Nichole.  B)
    She does seem to bring the talent.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Just send Nichole.  B)
    Thanks. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    Just send Nichole.  B)
    Thanks. 
    Here to help. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    Just send Nichole.  B)
    Thanks. 
    Here to help. 
    Your helpfulness is beyond helpful!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Pretty pissed my patio cover showed up damaged. Had to reject the delivery. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    Just send Nichole.  B)
    Thanks. 
    Here to help. 
    Your helpfulness is beyond helpful!
    At least let her be there when the patient awakens. She's easier to look at.