Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dry Aged Ribeye

Options
I came across a dry aged ribeye at a new Mexican grocery store in Nashville, Price was only 12.99 per pound. I got a cut about 3 inches thick. We decided to reverse sear.  Results speak for themselves here. I will definitely go see this butcher again. 

LBGE bought used & one new MBGE, Weber Kettle. Looftlighter, Kick Ash Basket,

East Nasvhille

Comments

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I love RS Ribeye....probably my favorite protein !!!!

Looks great my friend!!  Welcome to the forum !

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Great price! How long did they claim it had been dry aged? Did they do that close trimming off of the good stuff in other words trimming it back to "grocery store red"? Might ask next time to get an untrimmed piece.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    thats a good price here not aged. as rrp mentioned, tell the butcher not to trim anything off next time, i had to yell at the butcher one time =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also a Nashvillian (Near Nolensville).. fyi- the Costco in Franklin is carrying Prime Briskets for $3/lb.
    Those ribeye's At $12.99/lb that is pretty awesome price. Nice cook.

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• beatarmy
    beatarmy Posts: 194
    Options
    @BriStarkey where in nashville, what is name of store?
    Franklin, TN - (1) LBGE and a cooler full of beer
  • BriStarkey
    Options

Thanks everyone...

The Butcher started trimming off the good stuff before I had a chance to say something.

The place is on Nolensville road, MazFresco Market. Its like a Latin Whole Foods! Really nice! and great prices.

LBGE bought used & one new MBGE, Weber Kettle. Looftlighter, Kick Ash Basket,

East Nasvhille