Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Butt for recovery

Options
Hello all,
My mother just had hip replacement surgery this week and returned home on Thursday. My father and her have been eating soups and sorts that she had prepared and froze. I am cooking a 9 pound pork butt for her and my father for Sunday. This should get them through a few days until I prepare them something else. Last effort on a butt was turbo and it turned out great. Being Saturday I am in no hurry for this so it will be a low and slow. Fridge is stocked so I will sit back and enjoy the ride.

XL BGE
MD

Comments

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options

Enjoy, young man.  Enjoy.
    A Speedy Recovery to your Mom!

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Good on you for taking care of the mom's. I'm sure they'll love it.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Brandongodfrey
    Options
    dsrguns said:
    Hello all,
    My mother just had hip replacement surgery this week and returned home on Thursday. My father and her have been eating soups and sorts that she had prepared and froze. I am cooking a 9 pound pork butt for her and my father for Sunday. This should get them through a few days until I prepare them something else. Last effort on a butt was turbo and it turned out great. Being Saturday I am in no hurry for this so it will be a low and slow. Fridge is stocked so I will sit back and enjoy the ride.
    That's very nice of you , best of luck and a speedy recovery to your mom 
  • dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Options
    Going to side it with Mac/Cheese and baked beans

XL BGE
    MD