Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hooters and Legs

Options
bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
Love wings.  Love wing sauce.  Found this Hooters wing sauce on sale and thought wth.  Posted buffalo legs a while ago.  Smoked some legs and finished with Hooter's wing sauce.  It didn't suck!  I was surprised how good the Hooter's sauce was.  Was expecting mediocre, it was really good with a nice vinegar tang.  I'll buy it again.  Re-upped last nights Mac & Cheese and all.  Tsunami Spin on the legs, raised direct at 350.  GO CATS!

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Nice meal, but I must admit this is the biggest let down of the week!
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I'm with @pgprescott

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I have a couple gifs in mind that wouldn't  disappointment but I wouldn't want to get @bgebrent 's beautiful cook  buffaloed 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @Hans61 I will. Shamelessly. 

One of my college roommates worked at Hooters. We convinced her on a drunken date because she was very flat chested. She told everyone she got the job to pay for a boob job and MADE A FORTUNE! I don't like their wings but the sauce is great. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrent
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    I have a couple gifs in mind that wouldn't  disappointment but I wouldn't want to get @bgebrent 's beautiful cook  buffaloed 
    Brother, it is Friday night.  Guess I kind of asked for it...
  • Hans61
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Hans61 said:
    Brother, it is Friday night.  Guess I kind of asked for it...
    Well in that case...
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Brent have you been to J Renders? Best wings in Lex imo. Smoked first and when you order they spend 30 secs in the fryer and then onto a screaming flattop. I order them naked with sauce on the side. 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Nice!

Options
    @Hans61 I will. Shamelessly. 

One of my college roommates worked at Hooters. We convinced her on a drunken date because she was very flat chested. She told everyone she got the job to pay for a boob job and MADE A FORTUNE! I don't like their wings but the sauce is great. 
    Legs? I saw no legs

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• pgprescott
    Options
    This post is even better on my iPad!
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Finally a cook I could actually copy. Everything in this thread looks perfect. 
    Snellville, GA

• bgebrent
    Options
    Finally a cook I could actually copy. Everything in this thread looks perfect. 
    Thanks brother!  
  • outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    Options
    :o   :Been using hooters sauce for years,  heat up in microwave, fry or grill chicken, drizzle over and enjoy,   you will think you are in hooters, without the view.   

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• bgebrent
    Options
    :o   :Been using hooters sauce for years,  heat up in microwave, fry or grill chicken, drizzle over and enjoy,   you will think you are in hooters, without the view.   
    I usually make my own or fall back on Frank's.  Love the Hooter's.  And I do have the view. =)
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    A proper Friday night thread, thank you  B)
    Jacksonville FL
  • outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I usually make my own or fall back on Frank's.  Love the Hooter's.  And I do have the view. =)

Plus she can cook and tolerates you,  you are a lucky guy.....

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:

You got that right!
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

Well in that case...
    I just checked back in to see if this took a downward turn. 

As I was scrolling down I saw this again. 

And then I got "what are you bobbing your head to over there?"

my response:

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:

You got that right!
    And yeah, the key to life is finding an amazing woman who isn't crazy, puts up with your $hit and accepts you for who you are. 

I live by a motto. 4 things you should choose quality over quantity. 

1) Your lady
    2) Your firearm
    3) Your bourbon
    4) Your food

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:

You got that right!
    And yeah, the key to life is finding an amazing woman who isn't crazy, puts up with your $hit and accepts you for who you are. 

I live by a motto. 4 things you should choose quality over quantity. 

1) Your lady
    2) Your firearm
    3) Your bourbon
    4) Your food
    Couldn't agree more brother!
  • Hans61
    Options
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @bgebrent
    Istarted doing the chicken leg thing, right after I got pretty good at wings. Buffalo legs are the way to go brother. Aces on the cook.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @bgebrent
    Istarted doing the chicken leg thing, right after I got pretty good at wings. Buffalo legs are the way to go brother. Aces on the cook.
    Oh, that's where the thread started...I got a bit distracted along the way
    Well in that case...

Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • pgprescott
    Options
    I'm still trying to decide which legs to try! The ones on the left, no right, left.... hell this is impossible! Ugh!
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Who cooked what? 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Go Cats!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,975
    Options
    Amateurs

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Amateurs

You are correct.  Never had these gifs at Kentucky.  Only the real thing.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Amateurs

You are correct.  Never had these gifs at Kentucky.  Only the real thing.
    Girl has some killer sparkly whites though!!

South of Nashville, TN