Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Blackstone 36" Griddle is LEGIT

1192021222325»

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,723
    Bhinky said:
    Sorry to revive an old thread but I just got my Blackstone 36" Griddle last week and I LOVE IT!! I just had to share lol.
    Congratulations!! There is a lot of love for the griddle here. This thread doesn't bump, but they didn't delete it at least. Only people who subscribed see the updates.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Strong considering the 36 inch version after reading all of the comments.

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• Well, I'm In the game now too. Seasoning up today, doing hibachi/tepanyaki tonight. Kids are fired up. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Well, I'm In the game now too. Seasoning up today, doing hibachi/tepanyaki tonight. Kids are fired up. 
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker Its about time. What took you so long!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Well I am in the club now sale price at wally world is at 230 
  • Hotch
    setdahook said:
    Well I am in the club now sale price at wally world is at 230 
    Welcome to the Blackstone Posse!! :grin:
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Would be nice if you didn't have to hunt for this discussion seems pretty sad that the mods went this route :s
  • Hotch
    setdahook said:
    Would be nice if you didn't have to hunt for this discussion seems pretty sad that the mods went this route :s
    Click on the Star at the top right of the page and it will be in your bookmarks!!
    Easy to find in your bookmarks....
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • derka123
    derka123 Posts: 102
    Got mine today :)

• Reconfigured the deck to accommodate the newest addition to the stable, probably won't get around to seasoning until tomorrow. 

Frederick, MD - LBGE and some accessories
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Cool read thru on this thread to see when the Blackstone madness really took off on the forum. It's hard to fathom a time that @tarheelmatt DIDN'T have a Blackstone.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,723
    @DieselkW Ha, I'll see your tasty grill lines and raise you an entire tasty mahogany surface.

@jaydub58 It was $300 plus tax. And I immediately need to go get the $35 cover.

@tjv Yup, gonna need to learn that trick! So far I bought the tools I could remember laying around my local waffle house. An iron press thing, 2 squirt bottles, a scraper and a couple spatulas. 

I'm really really impressed by this thing. The top is HEAVY duty. Took two people to move the grill onto my deck and assemble it. I hope it holds up to the South Mississippi humidity. I'll just have to make sure I cook on it often!
    crazy to think this was 5  years ago, and it still looks and cooks perfectly.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    This thread was a good read I stumbled upon while nerding out on Blackstones. 

My wife ordered me the fancy Blackstone with the stainless cart, picking it up tomorrow. She almost got me the one with the air fryer but I am glad she didn’t because I doubt I would have used it enough to justify over the storage the one she bought me has. 

For our 10th anniversary gifts she got a new dining room set and I got a new cooking tool. I guess they go hand in hand.