Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Conway_Twitty
    Options
    Y'all are sick people.  Trump is the only good person I know.  Super trustworthy and filled to the brim with facts.
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    About to go to dinner, French laundry.  Was at 'Ad  Hoc" yesterday. Going to Press tomorrow.
    I toured  the kitchen. More reports when  sober
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Researching ocean front condo's in Cherry Grove, SC for our summer vacation. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited March 2017
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    I am researching 10th row off the coast. Hoping Trey will let me carry his clubs, set up the umbrella, and fly his kite. Maybe he will throw me a bone to. =)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Contemplating a decision. Actually, I've already made the decision, but I'm going to give it a sleep before I click the button and sign.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    About to go to dinner, French laundry.  Was at 'Ad  Hoc" yesterday. Going to Press tomorrow.
    I toured  the kitchen. More reports when  sober
    Fave of ours.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    I know one with a private pier  ;)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    DMW said:
    Contemplating a decision. Actually, I've already made the decision, but I'm going to give it a sleep before I click the button and sign.
    Chicken.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DMW
    Options
    DMW said:
    Chicken.
    11 years is hard to unwind...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Chicken.
    Change is good. Congrats on the new gig buddy. You'll be great. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Chicken.
    Good luck D. Sounds like an tough one. I'm sure you'll make the right decision.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Chicken.
    Change is good. Congrats on the new gig buddy. You'll be great. 
    Well said.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Chicken.
    Just did the same thing after 11 years myself, best choice I've made in a long time.  
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Chicken.
    Just did the same thing after 11 years myself, best choice I've made in a long time.  
    I did it after 8. Made a big sacrifice going from where I was to where I am, but it eliminated a 3-4 hour daily commute to allow more time with my family. Less than 6 months after joining, I was awarded the opportunity to go back to school and advance my nursing degree on the hospital's dime. I really can't complain anymore! I just hope to transfer into a job that more closely matches my old one.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    I finally switched this past year after 10 years.  My only regret is holding on so long.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Conway_Twitty
    Options
    I've been a country music producer specializing in songs about Yeti coolers.  36 years (only the last part with Yeti songs, as they are a new company y'all).  I just got laid off because of a new RTIC song that blasted my Yeti bards off the charts.  We won't talk bout that.

So starting a new career in a different direction - I am designing bridges with missing teeth for people with missing teeth, except I'm moving the teeth around, strategically, so they whistle.  Some new fangled technology called CNC design.  Using 4-dimension printers.  DAMN!!  I'm pretty pumped up about this, we have folks lined up around the block that love the whistle.
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    These are encouraging posts! I am a year away from completing two bachelor programs, and making a drastic change in career. Will probably start to look for employment soon because after 16 years in the trades, my body is not holding up well at all.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @DMW - Wherever you land just remember the late, great Leroy Satchel Paige, "Don't look back, somethin might be gainin on ya."  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Chicken.
    Does this require a relocation? 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DMW
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Chicken.
    Does this require a relocation? 
    Nope.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• YEMTrey
    Options
    Nice to hear of so many people transitioning jobs and being happier!
    Steve 

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Nice to hear of so many people transitioning jobs and being happier!
    My best transition was leaving my job and going it alone.
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    I am researching 10th row off the coast. Hoping Trey will let me carry his clubs, set up the umbrella, and fly his kite. Maybe he will throw me a bone to. =)
    This is what the wife and daughter wanted.  I just get to do the leg work and pay for everything.
    Steve 

• YEMTrey
    Options

TBH, as long as I have a good spot on the beach with my ass in a chair I’m good.  Given that I have a cooler full of goodness and some tunes.  I’ll spend my day there letting the world pass on by without me. 

Steve 

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Chicken.
    I did it after 8. Made a big sacrifice going from where I was to where I am, but it eliminated a 3-4 hour daily commute to allow more time with my family. Less than 6 months after joining, I was awarded the opportunity to go back to school and advance my nursing degree on the hospital's dime. I really can't complain anymore! I just hope to transfer into a job that more closely matches my old one.
    Commuting really sucks, always a good thing to eliminate, especially when you are wasting time travelling that you could spend with your family.
  • Acn
    Options
    Just opened the REI dividend package, now plotting how to spend it...

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Acn said:
    Me too. I've bought Yeti coolers the last couple of years. I'll be lucky to get a pair of socks with my dividend this year. 
  • Acn
    Options
    Acn said:
    Me too. I've bought Yeti coolers the last couple of years. I'll be lucky to get a pair of socks with my dividend this year. 
    I'm more than set cooler wise.  We got a new Thule roof rack and a Marmot backpacking tent last year, plus 4 pairs of hiking boots (damn children and their growth spurts), so our dividend was pretty nice.

Not sure what we'll get, but our summer vacation will be a 2 week road trip that'll wrap up with camping at Big Bend and Mesa Verde NPs, so I'm sure we'll find something that'll come in handy.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD