Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smash Burgers - pics show it all

Options
2»

Comments

• derka123
    derka123 Posts: 102
    Options
    That's right, just the two different handle sizes
  • Eggucator
    Eggucator Posts: 226
    Options
    derka123 said:
    Eggucator said:
    @Philly35 @derka123 @crenshawco @RRP  The steel is just under 1/4 inch thick and stainless. I seasoned with 6 or 7 coats of flaxseed to get it ready to go. My FIL worked as a mechanic for construction company and made if for me this spring.  We modeled it after a baking steel(just a little bigger).  I use my raised grid on the regular grid(direct) to get it at the right level.  I get the egg settled between 500 and 550 and let the steel heat up for 10 minutes or so.  I spread some melted butter on the steel and then smash away. @SaintJohnsEgger The burgers are just seasoned with salt and pepper.  Give them 90 seconds, turn, cheese, 90 more seconds.  PERFECTION.  @Conway_Twitty I assure you that you will not find those on the inter webs.The pictures are taken by my wife who has taken up photography lately and is getting quite good. @NEKEgger I like doing these on the egg for the even heat(I do 6 at a time) and no splatter and smoke in the kitchen.  @MaC122There really aren't too many flare ups except when I clear the steel for the next round.  
    Thanks for the info Eggucator. I actually tried this a while back, mine was 3/8" thick and just took too long to heat up. I went back to the drawing board and went 3/16" this time around. Hoping to test it out in a few weeks.

That is awesome!  
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN