Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rack of Lamb "oo-la-la"

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had to share this one. From time to time I get this Lamb urge but somehow I get burned out fast due to the dreaded "lambiness" - you know that sort of off, musty - foul taste that happens with lamb. Anyway the urge hit again but now I had the Egg! [p]Whole rack (8 bones) went in for 1.5 hours at 300. Indirect heat. The thermometers don't work so good here probibly cause the bones are so close - I took it out when the reading was 150 and it was blood rare. 1.5 hrs. @ 300 degrees dome worked out to med-med-rare. I made up the usual oil, garlic, pepper, rosemary, basalmic and wine marinade and soaked it overnite. Tip!!! use a gallon size Ziplock bag - you use less marinade to cover the whole roast and don't rank out the fridge![p]The result was magnificent...extreamly tender, juicy and not a bit of the dreaded "lambiness". The lamb picks up the smoke wonderfully and the smoke (just BGE lump - no wood)is there but not overpowering. Simply delicious and highly recommended.[p]Rack of lamb just went from about #75 to a place in my top 10 list. Enjoy.[p]Motorman

Comments