Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: March Madness Basketball Bracket Challenge

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,383
    Options
    @saluki2007 -  great story right there.  Small world, for sure.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Done!
    Thanks for throwing it up there.

The Buffalo responded and said the winner of the bracket challenge gets a free XL compliments of BGE!  So nice of them.  ;)

Go 'Nova!!!
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    I'm in.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    Done!
    Thanks for throwing it up there.

The Buffalo responded and said the winner of the bracket challenge gets a free XL compliments of BGE!  So nice of them.  ;)

Go 'Nova!!!
    Ha. We all know they are not innovated enough to do something like that. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    bgebrent said:
    Foghorn said:
    I have Kentucky going out in the 2nd round to Wichita St. I basically picked a UK whiner's bracket based on the guidance of @Bgebrent and @YukonRon.  

I hope they're right
    Wichita St. is legit. They could take us out. Hoping we can rise to the tournament occasion and go deep. Arizona will likely take out Puke. I hope I'm right too brother horn B)
    As a Valley guy, they are not the same team they have been the past 6+ years.  Overrated.
    Now you chime in. Where were you when I needed you?
    And the whining and excuses have begun. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    edited March 2017
    Options
    We are up to 20 participating. The brackets automatically close at Noon (eastern time) Thursday when the first game of the tournament starts. You can make edits on your selections until then. Good luck!!!
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • etherdome
    etherdome Posts: 471
    Options
    im in
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Good luck to all. Even the UK fans. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Bump. 

Let the trash talking begin 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• ibanda
    Options
    Games start in 2 hours! Last chance to enter a bracket or make edits to your bracket!
  • saluki2007
    Options
    Still perfect!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Foghorn
    Options
    Still perfect!
    Me too.

The 9 people who already missed a game ought to hang their heads in shame. They don't stand a chance now.

:) 

San Antonio, TX

• bgebrent
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Still perfect!
    Me too.

The 9 people who already missed a game ought to hang their heads in shame. They don't stand a chance now.

Me 3.  ND game was a squeaker.  Already demolished 5# of wings, with help.
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I have to tell you guys, I do historically bad in these brackets, but that is when money is involved.
    Since there are no prizes in this challenge, I expect to win it.  =)
    LBGE/Maryland
  • ibanda
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Still perfect!
    Me too.

If I were a betting man, and I sometimes am, I would bet that we ALL lose at LEAST one game in our brackets before the end of the day. As long as it isn't one of your Final 4 teams you will still be in good shape for the tournament ;) 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    ibanda said:
    Foghorn said:
    Still perfect!
    Me too.

If I were a betting man, and I sometimes am, I would bet that we ALL lose at LEAST one game in our brackets before the end of the day. As long as it isn't one of your Final 4 teams you will still be in good shape for the tournament ;) 
    You are almost certainly correct.  But for now I'm still perfect - along with 12 others.

San Antonio, TX

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    if your bracket is perfect you picked some lame higher seeded teams.  ND over princeton?  boring pick!  unc wilmington also had a good chance.  

-- says the loser
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • ibanda
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Middle Tennessee trying to bust up some brackets (including mine)! Up by 9 with 5 minutes to go.
  • blind99
    Options
    ibanda said:
    Middle Tennessee trying to bust up some brackets (including mine)! Up by 9 with 5 minutes to go.
    looking good!!!
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Still perfect.  Need Vandy to come through.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    You're one of 4 left. 

San Antonio, TX

• saluki2007
    Options
    Whoop-Whoop
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    Options
    Face-palm
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • blind99
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Go cats!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,383
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I will refrain from viewing the carnage here til Sunday PM.  Can't change it up and I have a few brackets to lament over during the first two rounds.  But the larger challenge is making sure the remote's batteries don't fail for all the channel hopping with the multiple games.  And no I do not want a theater with four TV's rolling at once. =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Only Bryan M is perfect at this point.  12 of us are tied for 2nd.

San Antonio, TX

• saluki2007
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Stupid Maryland. 

Apparently I missed the memo on that one as it seems everyone picked Xavier. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Foghorn
    Options
    ACC fans know not to choose Maryland.  Their traitorous souls come out to haunt them. 

San Antonio, TX

• blind99
    Options
    Stupid Maryland. 

Apparently I missed the memo on that one as it seems everyone picked Xavier. 
    For this one you should have used the mascot rule. A guy with a sword beats a turtle every time. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    ACC fans know not to choose Maryland.  Their traitorous souls come out to haunt them. 
    Plus Maryland fans are the absolute worst.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike