Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: March Madness Basketball Bracket Challenge

ibanda
ibanda Posts: 553
edited March 2017 in EggHead Forum
I created a bracket challenge on yahoo for the college basketball tournament. I do not follow basketball at all, but these have been fun to participate in years past.

https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/164386/invitation?key=99608f35d36c7ce5&soc_trk=lnk 

The bracket is Egghead
the password is Egghead
you can "Name" your bracket after your forum screen name. 

Have fun and no, the winner does not get a cash prize. The winner will get bragging rights on the forum!
"Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Thanks for that brother ibanda!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Time to see the Homer bias played out  ;)  @ibanda Great move; many thanks for the entertainment value and whining sure to emanate as the dance progresses.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Done! Thanks :)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    Gotta admit- yahoo is making it a real pain to set up an account/bracket.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    lousubcap said:
    Gotta admit- yahoo is making it a real pain to set up an account/bracket.  
    You got somewhere you gotta be? ;). It's not real user friendly on my tablet.  I'll fill it out once home on the Mac.
  • ibanda
    lousubcap said:
    Time to see the Homer bias played out  ;)  @ibanda Great move; many thanks for the entertainment value and whining sure to emanate as the dance progresses.

Yes this is purely for entertainment value! I keep hearing about all those millions of dollars of lost work time but into the brackets, Eggheads should be no exception!
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Mostly chalk.  Didn't pay much attention this year to bball.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lousubcap
    @bgebrent -  always got somewhere better to be when dealing with accounts and web-sites.  I swear the programmers don't stop and test their directions/rules before tossing it out the public.  As long as you don't care about how much data you give away all is well.  Off soap-box. Apologize for the hi-jack.  
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    I'm in. Thanks!
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    I'm in
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • lousubcap
    Bump to ensure the die-hard fans are aware that it is time to play and here is a great opportunity to demonstrate your B'ball savvy and team loyalty on a Q site.  
  • bgebrent
    I go in already.  We all know UK will be the cinderella winner despite the shltty bracket.  Hoping brother John will bracket up his cream puffs.
  • ibanda
    We have 12 members that have created brackets so far! 

Yahoo automatically suggests a name for your bracket, I suggest you change the name to your forum screen name.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Im in. Anybody else have Kentucky going out in the first round?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    I'm in. 

In the past, we've had a small consequence - like the last place person has to put in their tagline something like "All hail (insert winner's name here) - the greatest college basketall guru in the land" - or something to that effect. And it has to stay there until tipoff of the next season. 

Should we do that again?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bgebrent
    JRWhitee said:
    You are such a pest. Who you have winning it all?
  • Foghorn
    I have Kentucky going out in the 2nd round to Wichita St. I basically picked a UK whiner's bracket based on the guidance of @Bgebrent and @YukonRon.  

I hope they're right

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bgebrent
    Foghorn said:
    I have Kentucky going out in the 2nd round to Wichita St. I basically picked a UK whiner's bracket based on the guidance of @Bgebrent and @YukonRon.  

I hope they're right
    Wichita St. is legit. They could take us out. Hoping we can rise to the tournament occasion and go deep. Arizona will likely take out Puke. I hope I'm right too brother horn B)
  • ibanda
    Foghorn said:
    I'm in. 

In the past, we've had a small consequence - like the last place person has to put in their tagline something like "All hail (insert winner's name here) - the greatest college basketall guru in the land" - or something to that effect. And it has to stay there until tipoff of the next season. 

Should we do that again?

I am all for it!
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Cool!  I'm in!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • saluki2007
    bgebrent said:
    Foghorn said:

I hope they're right
    Wichita St. is legit. They could take us out. Hoping we can rise to the tournament occasion and go deep. Arizona will likely take out Puke. I hope I'm right too brother horn B)
    As a Valley guy, they are not the same team they have been the past 6+ years.  Overrated.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Foghorn
    bgebrent said:
    Foghorn said:

I hope they're right
    As a Valley guy, they are not the same team they have been the past 6+ years.  Overrated.
    Now you chime in. Where were you when I needed you?

San Antonio, TX

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:
    You are such a pest. Who you have winning it all?
     =) Gamecocks, who else?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • saluki2007
    Foghorn said:
    bgebrent said:
    Foghorn said:

I hope they're right
    Sorry brother.  Thought the username would have given that away.  Saluki is the Southern Illinois mascot.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lousubcap
    @saluki2007 -  if memory serves me right, Walt Frazier played college ball at SIU.  
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn said:
    bgebrent said:
    Foghorn said:

I hope they're right
    Sorry brother.  Thought the username would have given that away.  Saluki is the Southern Illinois mascot.
    I know that. I'm just wishing you had previously voiced your opinion about Wichita St. - before I picked my bracket. 

San Antonio, TX

• saluki2007
    lousubcap said:
    @saluki2007 -  if memory serves me right, Walt Frazier played college ball at SIU.  
    @lousubcap  He did, but that was well before my time.  I attended 2003-2007.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    thanks!  I'm in and have submitted my almost certainly not winning bracket.  I just hope b-rent loses worse than me :)
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • saluki2007
    Fun facts.  My dad played baseball at Indiana State will Larry Bird was there and he would practice with the team once in a while.  My dad actually took Don Mattingly's scholarship from him (dad's words not mine) after Don decided to go pro instead of play college ball.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL